The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Where to buy a new transmission or rebuild kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE2499

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2020
Bakersfield, California
Does anyone have any idea where to get a manual transmission for the 420a or any place that still has a rebuild kit. Called some big transmission rebuild shops and they say that if a part is missing then they cant sell at all or that most parts are obsolete. Only place I see that looks like they have a rebuild kit are https://www.transmissionpartsdistri...with-synchro-rings-nvt350-fits-94-00-bk414ws/ but I don't know if it's legit or a scam.

Yes, the link you posted is the correct parts for the Eclipse NVT-350.
Ok, all I need are the bearings and synchros or do I need anything else? Also how long did it take to ship? I believe my input shaft bearing went out and my 3rd gear synchro is going out as well. I changed the interior bushings so I believe it would be the input shaft bushing thats bad.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That kit comes with everything you need besides the fluid. You'll need 2.1 quarts of any of these fluids:
- Mopar ATF +4
- Synchromesh
- 10w-30 high mileage oil

I honestly don't remember exactly how long shipping took. I know it wasn't very long though. I remember when places take too long. I feel like I ordered it one week before my off days and received my stuff in time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back