The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Where to buy 2g Sunroof Weatherstripping 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IIv SHaDoW vII

15+ Year Contributor
May 8, 2007
Topeka, Kansas
Tags: sunroof seal weatherstrip weatherstripping trim

JNZtuning offers the weatherstrip here:
JNZ Tuning Online- OEM Mitsubishi Parts

Sunroof Doctor offers the weatherstrip here:
The Sunroof Doctor - Your source for replacement sunroof & t-top parts!
***Must search yourself***

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that had the weatherstrip for cheaper than the above sites. My local dealer has the weatherstrip as well but its much more expensive than the websites I mentioned. The Sunroof Doctor website has it for $54.75, and is the cheapest place I have found so far.

I am interested in hearing input on cheaper places for an OEM replacement as well as possible alternatives (e.g. universal) that people have used with good results.

Also, I understand that sunroofs leak. I plan to replace this seal because the metal frame that holds the glass in is rusted and I want to get it sanded down and painted with some rust preventative and don't want to attempt to reuse the old seal.

This thread is not meant to be a "My sunroof is leaking, please help" thread.

Last edited:
This is a harcore necro, but I am having to replace my weatherstripping as well and was wondering if there was in fact a cheaper method than 70$ SunroofDoctors prices have inflated over the last 2 years.

Edit: found JNZ;s its 100$

Any update on this? I never noticed mine leaking in the rain before, but after leaving it outside in some heavy rain today I noticed my headliner a bit wet by the left front corner of the sunroof. Ended up pulling off the glass seal and noticed the water getting past the seal. The metal frame is a bit rust also. Just wondering if the OEM seal is even available or how the sunroof doctor seal is.

If its a factory sun roof then its designed to leak. The seal is for wind . Check your sunroof drains and clean them out.. A factoey sun roof use channels that catch the water and channels it to the 4 corners of the roof. 2 in back and 2 in the front. The channels are connected to drain tubes that funnel the water out of the car. When the drains become cloged over time then the water over flows the channles and onto the headliner.

Yea but the seal is supposed to direct the water to the drip rail, not into the car. I can see where the water was going in between the seal and the glass. The metal frame there is rusted. All the drains are working fine.

So should I just go with an oem seal?

Try a used glass and it will come with the seal, and if you find one in good shape u wont have to worry about the rust. Miller imports sells quality use parts. Look in the vendors area. Also craigslist or local auto recycliers.

I just bought the trim from JNZ a few days ago and along with 2 transfer case seals, the shipping was $12, so expect about $108-110 for a new seal. :toobad: I looked forever for a new, or great shape replacement sunroof, but since I couldn't find one I decided to go with the GB Carbonetics sunroof. :D

wow you guys are paying alot of money for the moulding. Go to your nearest auto glass tech. If you have any troubles I could help more with this.

wow you guys are paying alot of money for the moulding. Go to your nearest auto glass tech. If you have any troubles I could help more with this.

Would they have the same glass weatherstripping? Im not looking to replace the glass, I already cleaned up the rust and the metal frame is fine. Just need a new seal now.

Not sure if this helps, but I'm getting rid if a fully functional complete sunroof unit with glass, wiring, tubes switch and headliner trim if you need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back