The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Where them rims at? Need some ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echosyp

Proven Member
Oct 31, 2019
Clanton, Alabama
Just picked up a 1997 GST Spyder over the weekend in red, came with factory rims but with a set of Toyo R888r on them and it's going to be my daily, so I'm going to put them up for now and get a new set of rims and yea, that's like buying shoes.

So let me see them red cars with the rims, can't decide if black, white, or gunmetal would look best.

Black or Gunmetal would be my choice on a red car, YMMV.. Just do what YOU want, everybody has their own opinions but it's YOUR car in the end.. :hellyeah:

yea I was thinking of black, like the Enkei TS5, but then I found these Montegi's on facebook for $500 with tires on them. Just can't decide
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am in the wrong generation for Black rims but they can grow on you. My Red Talon is down or I would have mounted them on it for a picture. I just needed NEW rubber for my Blue Talon and these had that. I decked them out with some custom center caps and valve stem caps but they are just 2g Black Powder Coated rims, not really anything special and I am a gunmetal grey guy FTR. You can't see the hood but it is Carbon Fiber Wrap and the top is black on the Talons so it kinda blends with the wheels, I guess. :idontknow:

Gunmetal/silver is always a safe way to go. Black can look great on red but in my opinion it only works when you have a nice gloss paint job with shiny black wheels. For example, the Einkeis that are posted look faded and I don't think that will go over well on that shiny black car.

Running a set of Evo 8 Enkeis on my GSX currently. Looking at powdercoating a bronze color next Spring. I always dig black and gun metal, but also a sucker for bronze and golds.

I am in the wrong generation for Black rims but they can grow on you. My Red Talon is down or I would have mounted them on it for a picture. I just needed NEW rubber for my Blue Talon and these had that. I decked them out with some custom center caps and valve stem caps but they are just 2g Black Powder Coated rims, not really anything special and I am a gunmetal grey guy FTR. You can't see the hood but it is Carbon Fiber Wrap and the top is black on the Talons so it kinda blends with the wheels, I guess. :idontknow:

I currently have stock 2Gs on it that are black and they look good. Just don’t feel like buying new tires so I can store these R888Rs for the winter, so going to get a whole new setup.

I run the stock swirly's on my Red Talon, as you see in in my profile shot. I only run those to "bait" the unsuspecting souls so they don't know it is fast as hell. I have 2 sets of gunmetal rims but just don't like the patterns of them (they came on parts cars or other cars). I DO like the Enkeis a bunch!

I was also a gunmetal kinda guy. This was my old car. Only pic I could find of it.

I actually just ordered one of the last sets of gunmetal Rota Slipstreams in a 15x7 5x114.3. I got the Flow Form version, which is a slightly different design from the original Slipstream. The spokes are raised slightly And are a little lighter. 15x7 version weigh 11.5lbs each.

I run the stock swirly's on my Red Talon, as you see in in my profile shot. I only run those to "bait" the unsuspecting souls so they don't know it is fast as hell. I have 2 sets of gunmetal rims but just don't like the patterns of them (they came on parts cars or other cars). I DO like the Enkeis a bunch!

Oh yea, enkei been around so long, they pretty much top of every rim list I’ve looked at.

I found a set of Enkeis for $800

then I found a set of brand new ESR SR12s I’m debating on buying

Attachments

• 91DED46B-EE10-4155-BBDC-A2A6A0DF2E54.jpeg
    91DED46B-EE10-4155-BBDC-A2A6A0DF2E54.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 8E77AE02-B48D-40C4-9CC3-B14F515E77A2.jpeg
    8E77AE02-B48D-40C4-9CC3-B14F515E77A2.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 37
yea I was thinking of black, like the Enkei TS5, but then I found these Montegi's on facebook for $500 with tires on them. Just can't decide
Old GSX donor I bought that had the same wheels, just a little bigger.

I guess everyone else missed the part where you wanted to see red cars, not the other colors.

Got a guy wanting to sell me a set of brand new Enkei RPF1s, said they are 17x9.5 +35 offset rear and 17x7 +45 offset front. Would those fit my stock 2G?

Here is my 97 GST with 17X8.5 +40 offset RPF1s with 245/40/17 tires. They are a tight fit. Required rolling the rear fenders. The 17X7s will definitely fit in the front, but the 17X9.5s will likely require rear fenders flares or extreme rolling. It's a FWD car, you want the wide ones in the front!

Attachments

• IMG_2859.JPG
    IMG_2859.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Here is my 97 GST with 17X8.5 +40 offset RPF1s with 245/40/17 tires. They are a tight fit. Required rolling the rear fenders. The 17X7s will definitely fit in the front, but the 17X9.5s will likely require rear fenders flares or extreme rolling. It's a FWD car, you want the wide ones in the front!

I bought them and the 9.5s fit perfect in the rear and they stick out just enough to give it a nice aggressive look without looking clapped out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back