The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Where is the fuel level sensor on a 95 Tsi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95greentsi

Probationary Member
Jul 8, 2008
bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Ok, so here is my idiot question of the day. Im trying the find the fuel level sensor on my car since it only reads 1/4 when full. Is it on the fuel pump assembly, by it, under it? Anyone here have pictures of what it looks like. Just trying to get an answer before i take my fuel pump out.

I dont know 100% sure... But i would say in the fuel tank. When you pull your pump there is a floater device... which rises as you put mroe fuel in. Maybe the floating mechanism came off or just doesnt float. Pull the pump and you will see what i mean.

Look on the vfaq and it shows pictures.
It is different between FWD and AWD so that would also give more info.

More than likely you recently pulled out the sending unit, I'm assuming. This is a common problem when people do so. The floater gets hung up on something within the tank and it sticks, usually at 1/4. You just have to loosen it up and wiggle it around until your gas gauge goes back to where it should be.

the sending unit is the one behind the drivers side if im assuming correctly?

The fuel level sensor (gas light) is located INSIDE the gas tank. It sits inside a plastic case next to the floater lever. It has a wire going to it. !This system is idependent to the floater!

It's easy to get to..

remove the rear seats and take out the round door.

the sending unit is the one behind the drivers side if im assuming correctly?

No it's behind the passenger seat. Remove the bottom rear seat. Unscrew the 1 screw that holds the wiring harness and the 4 for the cover plate of the sending unit and then remove the fuel pump connector and all lines, be careful with the feed line, you will probably need to soak it in PB blaster for a while and use line wrenches to remove it. Unscrew the plastic cap (you will need a flathead and hammer to get it started) From there you can pull the unit out and move it around accordingly.

Thanks for all the info guys. Pulled out the pump today, and a while ago my buddy put in a walbro 255. Turns out he installed it off and the sensor was hitting the side, moved the pump and gauge works fine now.

I have a similar problem. I bent my floater. I dropped it. Yeah I know. Anyways, I bought a whole new assembly, put a new pump on and everything. Put it back in the car. It reads full perfectly. And it moves down as I burn gas. But it is completely out of fuel at 1/4 tank on the gauge. ??? The light works so I use it and mileage to know when to fill up. What else can I try?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back