The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Where is the fuel cutoff on a 1997 gst spyder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try the main 100amp fuse. That should do the trick. ;)

Can you describe further what it is you're looking for? Or why? It almost sounds like you're looking for a switch, which could prove difficult.

Well lately, I've been working with this on my '97 GSX so I hope this helps.

In the engine bay, the fuse box has a 30A 'moteur' (nope, not a typo) fuse in it. For me, pulling this will turn off the main voltage pins going to the ECU pins 12 & 25. At the same time, it disables the fuel pump relay. I needed the ecu on but NOT the fuel pump (engine was out the car), so pulling that fuse wouldn't work for me. I traced some things and found there is the set of MPI relays behind the passenger left kick panel. The one with the red wires is for the ECU. However, the other relay is for the fuel pump. Just disconnect that. Or pull the 30A fuse, but you won't have the ECU.

Here's a pic:

The 2 relays are behind that brace there, held on with the 2 bolts seen in the pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

See the problem is that the car will start, but won't turn over. After investigating a little bit I found that the fuel pump was not getting any juice to it at all. So do you think that replacing the fuel pump relay would fix that problem? I recently was working on this car a few months back and the pump was fine and it started right up. But now its not getting any juice to it and it has just set in one spot so it doesnt make much since

You should test the relay first as it may be expensive. Very simple.

And the ECU turns on the FP relay AS LONG AS it is receiving pulses from the cam sensor or when the key is first cycled to run.

You mean the car will crank but not start right?

PieEyedPiper, I was under the impression the rewired pump is still being controlled by the mfi relay hence ECU. I also have a rewire kit with relay next to the pump, but is still controlled by the mfi and - ultimately the ECU.

Last edited:
Correct with it will crank but wont start. I have a 98 spyder gst too so i'll swap the relay from it to my 97 and see if that works. I'm sure the relays are compatible correct? That would save me some hassle though of having to check other things or buy a new one if its not needed

I think you should check that fuse... If you can scan the car and see if it has codes. I am pretty sure if you have a cam or crank fault it would show up. Do you have a check engine light where you just turn the key on to Acc? The relay is in the middle of that circuit go to the beginning since you already tested the end of it. (fuel pump) What did you use to check for voltage at the fuel pump?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back