The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

where I should stick my huge Stack temperature sensors (oil and coolant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I'm starting to plan where I should stick my huge Stack temperature sensors (oil and coolant). I was thinking of getting a coolant pipe temp sensor adapter piece to put in the middle of my lower coolant pipe for ease of installation. Or have a fitting welded on my radiator to mount it.

Should I place the oil temperature sensor it on the oil pan or somewhere around the oil filter housing?
The problem I have is the Stack temperature sensors look huge and I doubt I could use it in a tight place, looks like I need a fair bit of room.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You best bet for the oil temp sensor is in the oil pan. The most reliable solution is to weld a bung to the oil pan. You should make sure the sensor is always completely submerged in oil. The bung should be welded on the same level as the bung for the drain plug.

My temp sensor for my gauge I mounted to the thermostat housing. Again if you can't find a hole already there to use you can weld a bung to the housing. It maybe be tempting to just drill a hole and run a tap into it. In my experience though the housing is still too thin to have a reliable seal. The housing is made for crappy metal so welding it is tricky but can be done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back