The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Where / how did you intsall your MBC ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinturbo2800

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
i did a serach and im seeing 2 different ways...... some are putting the hoses to the the turbo/ wastegate (the way my friend told me to do it)...... and others look like thier spliting the one hose after the intake. (which i did at first but my friend said that was retarded)..... so i dunno =(

which is the best way? and could that be a cause of my 2-4psi boost spikes ??

im running the High performance turboXS.

post some pics if you would also :)

Check www.vfaq.com or here ya go this should help ya out some

Attachments

• mbc_inst.jpg
    mbc_inst.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 353
yea, thats what i did at first.... and my buddy with a big turbo GTI told me to get rid of that T and put the 2 hoses from the controller to the turbo and the other to the wategate.... and just have the hose from the BOV seperate.

think i should change my setup ??
will i have any problems with it?
could it be why im spiking so high?

Twinturbo2800 said:
yea, thats what i did at first.... and my buddy with a big turbo GTI told me to get rid of that T and put the 2 hoses from the controller to the turbo and the other to the wategate.... and just have the hose from the BOV seperate.

think i should change my setup ??
will i have any problems with it?
could it be why im spiking so high?

i have my BOV seperate. i have my hose from my WG to my MBC,,, then a hose from the LICP NIPPLE" that connects to the turbo" going to the bottom part of my MBC..
this nipple here in the pic

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 340
Mine is set up just like the picture and I have no problems with boost creep or spike. My controller is set to 12 and the most I've seen it go up to is 12.5 , it usually pegs right at 12 and sticks.

I'm using a go fast bits mbc.

ya, mine is setup the above way also. most i've seen mine spike is +2 psi above normal and that's at WOT in 5th

is the pressure fitting necessary for hooking up a mbc? I was looking into getting a bigger compressor outlet pipe but its like $15 more to get the pressure fitting put on it. I will be running a dual stage turboXs mbc soon and currently have single stage turboXs. If i got it with no pressure fitting how would the lines go from the boost controller? Would lines go from BOV to MBC then to WG?

:talon: Dom

i dunno if i counted wrong on my MBC, but my car used to spike 22 pounds and i think i had it at 14 pounds,but it would spike high as hell on my boost guage.....it worked perfect for like 4 months and then my t-25 blew up... i have it T'd of the blow off valve .....i dunno if thats why it spiked so much,there's gotta be someone out there thats had it both ways.... that sounds really bad LOL but u guys get what im saying LOL ...

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

Someone care to describe the advantages/disadvantages of the two set ups? would be very curious to hear them

I recently installed my Hallman Evo MBC and as per the instructions that were specific for the 2g DSM, the boost source for my MBC came off the turbo compressor housing. I did not T into the BOV pressure line. Before the install I was having some spike to around 17-18 psi and now i set my MBC at 16 and no spike at all. The only problem i'm having is that the poor little turbo can't hold 16psi for sh!t :cry: .

I hear people saying there are advantages/disadvantages to the two ways but I'm pretty sure there isn't much of a difference. They are both different pressure points only separated by the intercooler/piping and the throttle body. You only have pressure when the throttle body is open; which tells you that both sides of the throttle body have the same pressure so the throttle body is out of the picture, now the only difference between the points is the intercooler and piping, which cause only a couple PSI loss. So the real difference is when there is 13 psi at the turbo outlet there may be only 11 psi at the intake manifold (BOV line). So a 12 psi wastegate and MBC (set to zero) would open the wastegate if it were connected to the turbo outlet and would keep the wastegate closed if it were connected to the intake manifold for this situation.

So you can conclude that the only difference that can be seen is that you are able to boost at lower PSI if you connect to the turbo outlet because there is a loss of pressure at and after the intercooler.
I connected mine directly to the turbo outlet not only because this but it is also "the source" of the pressure and it's usually better to take measurements from the source.

let me ask you guys a question. a friend of mine has an external wastegate. how would you connect it to the boost controller. do you tee if off like the internal wastegate? i have internal so im doing the whole use it from the bov. would the one that connects to the wastegate go on his external wastegate? HELP. where trying to figure it out. on sat. my buddy has a race against this hatch with a fully built type r with nitrous for $500. :thumb:

i have my external connected the same way as the old actuator and it works fine. The top nipple is used if you have an EBC to get the full advantages, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back