The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Where Have You Mounted Your Xm Tuner???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjdavis21

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2003
Chesterfield, Virginia
I am working on installing my XM satellite radio tuner and I have the SkiFi 2 unit. I really dont know where to mount it in our cars so Im here to ask all the 2g guys...where have you mounted yours? Quick feedback is good. Thanks!! :thumb:

I have Sirius. But I removed my rear squirter and mounted my antenna over the hole. heres a pic of my car with it installed and you can't even see the antenna. Not too sure what the XM antenna looks like but mine 1.5"x2"x.5"

8317sidecar.jpg

yeah i put the antenna in the same place...but i was looking for a place for the unit. i put it in the arm rest for now and it looks pretty nice. if it gets annoying ill try putting it on the side of the dash, that looks really good. anyone else?

You should have invested in an XM ready head unit, and gotten a tuner that plug into that, that way you don't mount anything...

fr33b1rth said:
You should have invested in an XM ready head unit, and gotten a tuner that plug into that, that way you don't mount anything...
But I had to sacrifice the portability of the unit. I like taking it into the house and listening to it on the home stereo. I also have it hooked up to my computer at work with a home kit attached to my sound card.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back