The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Where does this vacuum lines go to? And EGT sensor place (close it)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasGst97

Probationary Member
Oct 9, 2021
Stockholm, Europe
Hi! I remember removing 2 vacuum lines at the waste gate solenoid because I wanted to remove the restrictions but I don’t remember if the vacuum line that I have marked is gonna go under the second line where the restriction was?
And
On the Manifold where the EGT sensor is, can i Plug it with a bolt and close it? Because I don’t have the egt sensor?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Regarding the waste gate solenoid, refer to the diagram:

Yes, you can plug the EGT port in the manifold runner with a bolt. Whatever you use, make sure you get a good seal!

Regarding the waste gate solenoid, refer to the diagram:

Yes, you can plug the EGT port in the manifold runner with a bolt. Whatever you use, make sure you get a good seal!
Hmm okey but on the pic which one is the upper and under connection/nipple? And the W on the upper vacuum line where does it go to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you have labeled the "upper" and "under" (lower) nipples correctly.

The line labeled W should connect to the intake pipe, somewhere after the filter and MAF but before the turbocharger's compressor housing. Original location can be seen here: nipples on 2g intake pipe? Please !dentify!!
Thank you very much, last question tho, the vacuum line that goes to the turbo, if I don’t have a nipple on the turbo what do I do? Can I just run it to the wastegate? btw on my FMIC I have a nipple before the Jpipe. Do I need to connect a line to it and if so where😬😅 thanks for the help appreciate it🙏🏽🙌🏽

There needs to be a positive pressure source for the wastegate so you would need to be able to connect that "B" leg of the tee running to the turbo to some nipple either on the compressor cover of the turbocharger or a nipple added to the j-pipe or pipe running to the intercooler from the turbo; the closer to the turbocharger, the better.

It looks like that nipple on your intercooler pipe - so long as it is between the turbo and intercooler rather than between the intercooler and intake manifold should work, certainly not ideal but may do the job. See these threads for a couple other ideas:

That nipple on the intercooler pipe should go to the left to connect to the factory vacuum line, the factory vacuum line has a T in it and the T line should go into the intake nipple, the other side of the T goes to the boost control solenoid, the vacuum line out of the boost solenoid goes from the solenoid to the waste gate. With the boost solenoid installed your car will run 14-15psi of boost

You can run the intercooler pipe hose to the waste gate directly and the car will run 12 psi boost

For the intercooler hose you will need a 3/8 barb adapter to the 1/4 hose fitting for the solenoid and waste gate tube size

That nipple on the intercooler pipe should go to the left to connect to the factory vacuum line, the factory vacuum line has a T in it and the T line should go into the intake nipple, the other side of the T goes to the boost control solenoid, the vacuum line out of the boost solenoid goes from the solenoid to the waste gate. With the boost solenoid installed your car will run 14-15psi of boost

You can run the intercooler pipe hose to the waste gate directly and the car will run 12 psi boost

For the intercooler hose you will need a 3/8 barb adapter to the 1/4 hose fitting for the solenoid and waste gate tube size
Thank you very much, If you could help me out find a adapter from 3/8 to 1/4

And so this is what you mean right?
BC solenoid vacuum line B = wastegate.
Vacuum line R (picture) = Jpipe Nipple and then W goes to the intake pipe, right?

That is the exact same as what is shown in the diagram. For clarification, (B) going to the Turbocharger from the Inline "T" IS going to the J-pipe or compressor outlet. If you wanted to swap (B) going to the turbocharger and (R) going to the waste gate actuator -- there's absolutely no reason to -- but it would be just fine.

What @chrysler kid is stating is you could remove the Inline T and run a single line from J-Pipe / Compressor Outlet Nipple to the waste gate actuator.

In your case, the J-Pipe / Compressor Outlet Nipple is this existing nipple so long as it is between the turbocharger and intercooler. Again, it would be preferable that nipple was closer to the turbocharger's compressor outlet, but it ought to work.

That is the exact same as what is shown in the diagram. For clarification, (B) going to the Turbocharger from the Inline "T" IS going to the J-pipe or compressor outlet. If you wanted to swap (B) going to the turbocharger and (R) going to the waste gate actuator -- there's absolutely no reason to -- but it would be just fine.

What @chrysler kid is stating is you could remove the Inline T and run a single line from J-Pipe / Compressor Outlet Nipple to the waste gate actuator.

In your case, the J-Pipe / Compressor Outlet Nipple is this existing nipple so long as it is between the turbocharger and intercooler. Again, it would be preferable that nipple was closer to the turbocharger's compressor outlet, but it ought to work.
Oh okey that was what he meant thank you very very much! Really appreciate it. I totally understand now. The only thing is the 3/8barb to 1/4barb I searched and didn’t find anything :/

I think I got mine at home depot, maybe autozone. Basically a 1/4 barb screwed into a union screwed into a 3/8 barb

Heres a picture of how mine is routed to the solenoid

However the stock boost pressure (15 PSI regulated by the solenoid) is a little too much for the ebay 16g. so I plan to just route the nipple on the intercooler pipe directly to the waste gate to run 12psi

Heres a picture of how mine is routed to the solenoid

However the stock boost pressure (15 PSI regulated by the solenoid) is a little too much for the ebay 16g. so I plan to just route the nipple on the intercooler pipe directly to the waste gate to run 12psi

I have the MHI Evo 3 16G turbo should I go for the 15Psi? I did try to do the modification to the boost controller solenoid removing the restriction but didn’t go well with that cause didn’t see what I should remove inside the nipple… however I will buy a MBC soon.

I think I got mine at home depot, maybe autozone. Basically a 1/4 barb screwed into a union screwed into a 3/8 barb
Is that how I need to do if I wanna run it from the lower intercooler pipe the one after Jpipe?

Hi again! What I did was putting that pipe wrong side, so I rotated/changed the side of the pipe so that the nipple are pointed higher up/closer (picture) but what i was wondering is if I buy a MBC do i delete the (W) vacuum line that goes to the intake? I have found this diagrams (picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. You would put a cover over the intake nipple to block it

Okey hey again! Need help again. From the upper nipple BCS the vacuum line did go up to a tee and from there it goes to a vacuum line that goes in to the car I think… and the other vacuum line from the tee nipple goes to another Tee and from that Tee it goes to the BOV and the other one to the intake manifold. Should the vacuum lines be like that? If I follow the diagram then it should be only one vacuum line the (b) goes from the BOV to the intake manifold.

Last edited:
So what I did do was removing the line from the upper BCS so that I can run the vacuum line to the air intake nipple and then I removed the first Tee nipple and did get a straight connection nipple. I hope the videos help you guys understand better. Have I done it all right? And where does the line from tee nipple go to? Can’t see where it goes it seems that it goes in to the car?

Holy cow. No, no, no.

One uninterrupted line from top of BOV to intake manifold (#1). Nothing else tees into this line.

One uninterrupted line from fuel pressure regulator to fuel pressure solenoid (#2). Note that this is the SMALL line on the fuel pressure regulator, not the large one which is the fuel return line.

One uninterrupted line from other side of fuel pressure solenoid to intake manifold (#3). If you have an aftermarket boost gauge in the car, you might use a tee in line #3 to provide the source to for the boost gauge.

The top nipple of the waste gate solenoid / boost control solenoid (#4) has no tee and is a single uninterrupted line to the intake tube's smallest nipple.

Note that the picture here is showing the BOTTOM SIDE of the intake tube so it may look different as normally viewed from the top.

The bottom nipple of the waste gate / boost control solenoid (#5 above) is the only line that has a tee. One leg of the tee goes to the nipple we circled previously on your intercooler pipe (#5a). The other goes to the nipple on the turbocharger's waste gate (#5b).

This is all assuming you do not have a manual boost controller.

Holy cow. No, no, no.

One uninterrupted line from top of BOV to intake manifold (#1). Nothing else tees into this line.

One uninterrupted line from fuel pressure regulator to fuel pressure solenoid (#2). Note that this is the SMALL line on the fuel pressure regulator, not the large one which is the fuel return line.
One uninterrupted line from other side of fuel pressure solenoid to intake manifold (#3). If you have an aftermarket boost gauge in the car, you might use a tee in line #3 to provide the source to for the boost gauge.

The top nipple of the waste gate solenoid / boost control solenoid (#4) has no tee and is a single uninterrupted line to the intake tube's smallest nipple.

Note that the picture here is showing the BOTTOM SIDE of the intake tube so it may look different as normally viewed from the top.

The bottom nipple of the waste gate / boost control solenoid (#5 above) is the only line that has a tee. One leg of the tee goes to the nipple we circled previously on your intercooler pipe (#5a). The other goes to the nipple on the turbocharger's waste gate (#5b).

This is all assuming you do not have a manual boost controller.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking it should only be one direct line from the BOV to the intake manifold but then it was hooked up with a tee and the other line did go into the fire wall I think in to the car but the thing is I don’t have a aftermarket gauge… I wanted to remove that line but was 100% sure it was for a gauge. The rest that you did point out is all correct hooked up. So I only need to remove that line from the tee and remove the tee to a direct line? I will try to see if I can drag out the line that goes into the car.

And yes I don’t have a MBC yet! But for now this is how I hooked it up (video)

Yes, that looks right. Nice job!

Now ensure the top nipple of the boost control solenoid goes to the intake tube and that part of it should be all set.

And the BOV to intake manifold should not be used for a boost gauge. If the line going through the firewall is for a gauge, all you need to do is reroute that line over to a tee between the fuel pressure solenoid and intake manifold and you'll be all set.

Yes, that looks right. Nice job!

Now ensure the top nipple of the boost control solenoid goes to the intake tube and that part of it should be all set.

And the BOV to intake manifold should not be used for a boost gauge. If the line going through the firewall is for a gauge, all you need to do is reroute that line over to a tee between the fuel pressure solenoid and intake manifold and you'll be all set.
Okey, yeah I’m not 100% that it goes trough the fire wall but it seems like that because it goes that way and when I tried to pull it out it was hard but the thing is I don’t have a aftermarket gauge in the car… I really don’t know how the previously owner did run this setup :/ but yeah thanks for your time helping me brother really appreciate it!!! God bless you!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back