The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where does the 1g and 2g dsm stand among car guys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my97gsx

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2019
HOPEWELL JUNCTION, New_York
When you go to a classic car show most older guys and younger guys (and women ; ) ) give the old vettes, challengers and gt350 etc. All the love. I would say the supra is on par with the old vettes today. If i could place the 1g and 2g dsm in a category it would probably be on par with a monte carlo or a duster. People appreciate them but they dont get the love a supra or old corvette would. What cars of yesterday would you equate the 1g and 2g to?

My 2gb talon almost always gets noticed but no real love outside of the dsm crowd. Pick any number of hey I remember those they were cool....etc. Shelby glhs. 80s Hurst Olds. Fiero gt. Vw Corrado. All cool but the following is just much smaller than muscle cars. I predict another resurgence when the current generation gets old. But this time around there will be more cars available and much more expensive. Muscle cars really weren't noticed that much when new. The genre was just being established. Imagine when hellcats, zr1. Gt350 get 30 to 40 years old

I wouldn't waste too much energy trying to get the attention of the local Cars and Coffee idiot who at most knows how to install an air filter. I would suspect a nice DSM is along the lines of a Grand National. Not many people know what it is but the ones that do get really excited about it.

I wouldn't waste too much energy trying to get the attention of the local Cars and Coffee idiot who at most knows how to install an air filter. I would suspect a nice DSM is along the lines of a Grand National. Not many people know what it is but the ones that do get really excited about it.
Thats a good point. Those that see my dsm and know what it is recognize that it's the most rare.

I have had one guy in a 2010+ Charger throw a compliment, and usually the 18-29 year olds say "it's sick" or something but I suppose perhaps the most complimenting thing is how threatened everyone and every god damn ricer seems to be when they see it on the street.

Recently my 2g spider got mad love all the time, like all the time.

My cleanest show car 1gs....not a peep ever, and I'm talking for decades. The only people who care are those that used to have one, or their cousin had one in high school and they were so fast until it blew up story.

In irony my mis colored match 1g seems to get more attention, I dunno if its because it doesn't match or if most people are used to a junk ass looking dsms?

Caught a guy snapping pics of my car while I was at harbor freight. I was flattered LOL. People that have been to the track in mid to late 90’s knows what’s up with dsm’s. Unless they knew their mothers brothers other bother that had one. So the average Joe has no clue what they are, especially the young ins.

I definitely like being on the road and seeing no one with one. In the area i live in there is probably a handful. Last show i was at a guy with an older m3 showed my whip some love. The old guys not so much. I wish body parts were more readily available for these. Sadly i see them dissapearing due to lack of support in mitsubishi aftermarket parts. Shoot i have to buy an aftermarket knock sensor. Pretty sad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back