The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

where do you people get the time and money

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

Also - real men don't go all "fight me in real life, bro" when they have assets and a family. It's a good way to lose them through the legal system when the DA finds them during discovery phase.

I doubt he's strong like a bull either.

Just to derail this thread a bit, the average man will say he is strong, and statistically, the average man in decent shape can bench press 185 pounds once. (Obviously this little blurb is simply about strength; and strength doesn't necessarily translate to 'fighting' skills, just to make that should be obvious point clear.)

But what the average man of the Internet needs to realize, is that there are men out there that actually ARE strong, and they should be careful about who they call out. The average man can bench 185 once. On Tuesday, I did 225 for 27, and 315 for 9, all at 188 pounds. Just be aware there are different levels of strong.

Combine my current enjoyment of strength training with my background of nearly 16 years in martial arts, bjj, and MMA, and I'm pretty sure I could tear pieces off an 'average' man, although I don't go out getting into fights for the exact reasons Landspeed just mentioned.

Our bench numbers are almost exactly identical LOL But I weigh ~305lbs (6'4) :p So less impressive proportionately. But still gaining ground monthly, no plateaus yet.

In fairness my doctor just let me start weightlifting and kickboxing again late last year.. this after a spine injury, 2008

Cardio is coming back too, but more slowly. I can move for a big guy and keep going for eight 3 minute rounds before really running out of gas. Most people are wiped after one, no matter how in shape you are when you start training.

Haha! No creatine for me; only supplements I take are protein (not as any meal replacement, just extra), a multi-vitamin, and carbs (also as just extra before and after a workout, not as a meal replacement.)

I don't even do pre-workouts; haven't had one in over a year.

Our bench numbers are almost exactly identical LOL But I weigh ~305lbs (6'4) :p So less impressive proportionately. But still gaining ground monthly, no plateaus yet.

In fairness my doctor just let me start weightlifting and kickboxing again late last year.. this after a spine injury, 2008

Cardio is coming back too, but more slowly. I can move for a big guy and keep going for eight 3 minute rounds before really running out of gas. Most people are wiped after one, no matter how in shape you are when you start training.

Damn son, you are a big boy. In my older age, I'd much rather just be friends with you than have conflict with someone your size LOL.

I enjoyed BJJ in the army and kickboxing :)

OP can get mad, but he's just mad at himself for his predicament. Yeah i would say it in real life, for what happened afterwords after you got crazy. I'm sorry. I don't take well to threats of bodily harm.

Have a good one.

Good for you what about the rest of the rable in here who have more money in there car and video games that cant move out and be a man on his own. A REAL MAN:thumb:

A real man takes care of his family. Like WES, me and many others I'm sure. Moving out of your parents house does not make you a man. Living on your own doesn't make you a man.
Your a man in your own world and a child in reality. Grow up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok I'm done now.

LOL thats hysterical

Damn son, you are a big boy. In my older age, I'd much rather just be friends with you than have conflict with someone your size LOL.

I'd really rather not get into it with anyone outside the ring/gym either. Size isn't everything but it probably masks some of my remaining technical shortfalls. Big is definitely not everything though.. there are many drawbacks. For example

The amount of food it takes to maintain my weight while also healing up is tremendous now vs when I started in November. 3 days out of the week for kickboxing I'm currently taking in ~7400 calories, 2-3 lifting days at 5600cal and my off day(s) no less than 2900 for even moderate activity like yard work recently planting mums/tulip bulbs and other projects the woman gives me. About 1.5g protein per pound of body weight for my current routine.

If I don't hit those numbers, I lose weight. They keep climbing too.

No supplements and no pre workout. Drink a tremendous amount of milk and especially water. I'm not ripped like you LOL but I'm trying to trade muscle for fat while keeping my weight more or less stationary which gets harder because I have to eat even more as muscle mass increases. Meals have become a chore. 4-6 daily. I'm curious to see where my natural upper limits are.

Prior to injury (unrelated to MMA/Lifting) for a few weeks I had been able to consistently bang out a couple reps at 375 on bench, squat 675 for 5-6 and clean 335. 33" vertical at 300lbs! :D I could kick the backboard of a basketball hoop with two step lead up LOL

Granted I was also ~20 years old then :sosad: long climb back up that mountain! :banghead: so for starters I need to finish trimming away the rest of a double chin before theres even a chance at doing any of that again

Real man? Whatever makes you feel better. Sounds like you have a chip I your shoulder about being a real man. Maybe you don't know what one is? Idk. But your an IDIOT.

Funny thing is, we know your life's story,but you don't know ours. what kind of "REAL MAN" can't figure out a straight toward neon engine? What kind of REAL MAN goes out and buys his grown produce and food without getting out into the dirty farming work? What kind of REAL MAN owns 3 vehicles of which he has because he has NO MONEY!

Like I said BOY. Your and idiot.

When you call him an idiot it is "you're" as in you are.:thumb:

And yea skill>strength, that is why girls can take down predators with a few well placed hits.

I'd really rather not get into it with anyone outside the ring/gym either. Size isn't everything but it probably masks some of my remaining technical shortfalls. Big is definitely not everything though.. there are many drawbacks. For example

The amount of food it takes to maintain my weight while also healing up is tremendous now vs when I started in November. 3 days out of the week for kickboxing I'm currently taking in ~7400 calories, 2-3 lifting days at 5600cal and my off day(s) no less than 2900 for even moderate activity like yard work recently planting mums/tulip bulbs and other projects the woman gives me. About 1.5g protein per pound of body weight for my current routine.

If I don't hit those numbers, I lose weight. They keep climbing too.

No supplements and no pre workout. Drink a tremendous amount of milk and especially water. I'm not ripped like you LOL but I'm trying to trade muscle for fat while keeping my weight more or less stationary which gets harder because I have to eat even more as muscle mass increases. Meals have become a chore. 4-6 daily. I'm curious to see where my natural upper limits are.

Prior to injury (unrelated to MMA/Lifting) for a few weeks I had been able to consistently bang out a couple reps at 375 on bench, squat 675 for 5-6 and clean 335. 33" vertical at 300lbs! :D I could kick the backboard of a basketball hoop with two step lead up LOL

Granted I was also ~20 years old then :sosad: long climb back up that mountain! :banghead: so for starters I need to finish trimming away the rest of a double chin before theres even a chance at doing any of that again

You sir are a beast. And you are right on the money; as you put on muscle it gets increasingly harder to maintain it, because the body doesn't have a biological need for excess muscle beyond what is necessary for normal function.

And yea skill>strength, that is why girls can take down predators with a few well placed hits.

Overall, yeah, skill trumps strength, but there needs to be an element of both. I've rolled with dudes who had a pretty good skillset, but I was so much stronger that I could power out of any of their submission attempts, and in some cases, they literally weren't strong enough to straighten my arm even if I gave it to them.

So there needs to be a balance. I was arguably more skilled a few years back before I really got into lifting; well, my skillset was more crisp then because I was training more, but if I could go up against myself from then as myself now, I would tear pieces off that guy. There's a very good reason they have weight classes in fighting; and it's the exact same reason why you don't want to fight a Grizzly bear to the death LOL.

The average man can bench 185 once. On Tuesday, I did 225 for 27, and 315 for 9, all at 188 pounds. Just be aware there are different levels of strong.

Impressive..... yet I'm jealous at the same time :cry: My 185 x 18, 225 x 10, and 285 max (about 4 years ago) at 178lbs pale in comparison. Then again, it's hard to lift at 5am when I'd rather be sleeping...

Impressive..... yet I'm jealous at the same time :cry: My 185 x 18, 225 x 10, and 285 max (about 4 years ago) at 178lbs pale in comparison. Then again, it's hard to lift at 5am when I'd rather be sleeping...

Still very respectable numbers at that weight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back