1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

where do you people get the time and money

Posted by ARMAGEDDON, Oct 4, 2013

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Bo0sTdTsI

Bo0sTdTsI Proven Member

Joined Jan 21, 2010
    Amarillo, Texas
    Working 60-80 hours a weeek, budgeting, granted I don't have kids, from every paycheck I get I made ahabit to only keep 150 to myself a week, that's at 24/hr as a welder, I have my rent, 2 car notes now since I got another car out, bills, expenses, the talon, its all about budgeting.

410  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  2. 97_4g63t

97_4g63t Supporting VIP

Joined Jun 6, 2010
    carlsbad, New Mexico
    If you wanna make more money then do it. There are lots of high paying jobs out there. You gotta try. I've personally went through at least 25 workers this year alone and they make like 60-70k a year. Might I add with no experience, no diploma required, felon or not, no background checks. There is lots of money in the oilfield just depends if you're willing to actually work for it. Oh and single parent 3 vehicles and I spend money on my car almost every payday.

2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.67 @ 123 · 2G DSM
  3. KazooGS-T

KazooGS-T Proven Member

Joined Aug 29, 2006
    Ridgeland, Mississippi
    I invest money in parts, honestly. I make money for parts/projects by buying/selling stuff. I usually intend to use the part, eventually, but sell it and upgrade. Never dip into bill money for play money, word of advice. Also, buy a decent daily. LOL

Nothing wrong with that. I remember my engineering classes, always fun :shhh: Gotta love the labs with EVERY class :tease:

Street Build 2K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

457  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.700 @ 115.000 · 1G DSM
  4. ryztriumph

ryztriumph Proven Member

Joined Aug 30, 2011
    Harrisonburg, Virginia
    At least Canada has a functional government!

3K  16

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    279 whp · 295 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  5. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Proven Member

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    You know nothing about canadas government LOL they do ####ed up things also, but it's usually on different matters. Be thankful your taxes are lower. Since I'm american i have to pay both.

677  17

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  6. ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON Probationary Member

Joined Jul 24, 2013
    knoxville, Tennessee
    Most of you had great responses thanks, by the way does anyone want to buy a 1999 eclipse for 2500 hahahahha im buying a honda.

7. DSMBanditFZ6

DSMBanditFZ6 Proven Member

Joined Nov 17, 2011
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    That's good. Get something you can accord. The first mod I would do to it, is bolt a front mount up to it, it's a very common thing down here and I'm pretty sure you get 50+ AAANNDD it will protect things when your mowing over zombies. :p I dont see how you have zero monies, I mean I make way less than you, but a tad bit more than a burger flipper, and i still have monies. Befriend a mechanic who can get you discounted parts.

And it's sad people make fun of people like that, you know put important things first, and take their time making the car their own. After my motor gets out I plan on cleaning and painting the rats nest of an engine bay.

I'm in the same boat :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. Colt4G63 also

Colt4G63 also Proven Member

Joined Jul 23, 2008
    Tonawanda, New York
    Good idea! Get yourself a four door 93 Accord with a four cylinder, and save yourself $750+ a month in payments to oblivion by getting rid of the Titan and the Acura. Then bathe in the extra money you found.:thumb:

EDIT: Or use the extra money to fortify your home against Zombies, or the million man Chinese army, or private security forces sent to round you up into the local football stadium for your own safety, or shoot you for crossing the bridge...

Street Build 2K  0

1990 Dodge Colt
    manual · 4G63t Swapped

Street Build 1K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  9. Jaxness

Jaxness Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2011
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I have a good job, and I don't have kids.

10. LandSpeed-DSM

LandSpeed-DSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 5, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Im going to be 26 before the end of the year. Reliable late model DD bought in cash, a small SUV for winter and a built-to-the-hilt 1G, house in a nice neighborhood with good schools on an acre, 8-5 job, private contracting and flipping penny stocks in my free time while I save to go back to school, bought the fiancee a nice rock this year, etc. And it sounds like you make more money than I do...

You are doing something(s) wrong. I didn't come from a family with money.

You may want to hold off on a project car, especially if you can't do it well enough to keep a non turbo 420A running, of all things.

2K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 1G DSM
  11. ARMAGEDDON

Joined Jul 24, 2013
    knoxville, Tennessee
    obviously you people have no clue how much organic food cost keep eating hamburger helper and by the time your my age if you make it that far you will be diagnosed with cancer or diabetes, or die from a heart attack. And no i did not come from a wealthy family they are all hard workers most are ex military.

I already did all the other stuff!:D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  12. LandSpeed-DSM

LandSpeed-DSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 5, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    LOL

What a spectacularly ignorant set of statements. Funny you should say this while I'm cooking dinner.. organic chicken, spinach with roasted garlic and brown rice:
    20131005_185315_zpsa4f8105e.jpg

I train in muay thai three nights a week and weight train another two to three.

Keep making excuses and rationalizations, I guess.

2K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 1G DSM
  13. DSMBanditFZ6

Joined Nov 17, 2011
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    Don't be talkin smack bout my hamburger helper, that may get you 5 or 4 if I can find a glove with a face on it. Across the eyes LOL ;)

All joking aside, you wanna know how much organic food really is??? It's cheap!! Real cheap!

Seeds are cheap, water is cheap, and dirt is practically free. You can make dumb statements. But when sh** hits the fan, good luck finding some organic food to buy.

Got some hogs and chickens, and soon cows! :)

May make my own noodles too, it's ok. Il send you some! ;)

14. Sebba

Sebba Proven Member

Joined May 11, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Hamburger sh**ter is seriously feces in a box. Nasty ass sh**.

What ever happened to just cooking? It ain't hard. Actual 'food' in the grocery store only makes up 10% of the ####ing place, what a joke LOL.

15. DSMBanditFZ6

Joined Nov 17, 2011
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    LOL!!

16. jdxnc

jdxnc Proven Member

Joined Sep 15, 2009
    Stanstead, Vermont
    I'll continue on eating processed food and living a short but fun filled life with cash to do what I want, rather than living until 95 and sitting on my porch, being bored,bitter and bitching at all the young hooligans up to no good wishing I had done fun things while I was still young enough to.

Street Build 4K  20

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    10.456 @ 136.87 · 2G DSM
  17. ARMAGEDDON

Joined Jul 24, 2013
    knoxville, Tennessee
    LOL I knew that might hit a nerve LOLROFL

I applaud you for choosing life i also have a family of four i feed organic as well and no i dont have a farm to feed them off of.

18. DSMBanditFZ6

Joined Nov 17, 2011
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    You don't need a farm, you just need a backyard. Even if it's just fruits or vegetables you grow, that will offset some costs.

19. Black95TSIawd

Black95TSIawd Proven Member

Joined Jan 28, 2003
    Dirty, New Jersey
    You guys are crazy. Lol

You want to know the truth? Credit card debt, they live at home with their parents, or are 30 years old still living with roommates. There are a few on here who actually have good paying jobs, some even move onto bigger and better vehicles. Most out on there own don't worry about modding unless they can truly afford it.

Me? I worked full time during college and lived at home with my parents. I had a 2g and two evo's. Now, married and on my own, my TSI is bone stock.

5K  8

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    184.4 whp · 251.0 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  20. LandoAWD

LandoAWD Retired

Joined Jun 13, 2002
    Hillsborough, North Carolina
    Why are all of these threads popping up that involve "adults" not being able to manage priorities and money?
    This was brilliant.

21. Ghost_92TSi

Ghost_92TSi Proven Member

Joined Aug 18, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    Right? I feel bad for his kids. My girlfriend has no gall bladder and is allergic to gluten. I have to do shopping at health stores to get her stuff to make her to eat. BUDGETING>ALL. I do side jobs on the weekend on cars. Installed coils in my friends genesis, worked on some subaru's, going to turbo a miata soon for this guy, All the money I make working on cars I put back into my car. I save my paychecks for regular life stuff, food and gas.

Street Build 2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  22. DSMBanditFZ6

Joined Nov 17, 2011
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    We should really rethink this website name, or make some people DSM-Dr.phils instead of wise men! LOL

23. Jon91TSi

Jon91TSi Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2004
    Bernville, Pennsylvania
    I just charge everything to my credit card.. When they send me a notice that I've again reached my credit limit I make a minimum payment and I'm good for another month.. Seems to work pretty good. :cool:

712  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  24. Doubleot

Doubleot Proven Member

Joined Mar 15, 2009
    Spanish Fork, Utah
    That doesn't sound like a good way to spend money at all LOL

Street Build 3K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    279.1 whp · 325.3 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  25. LandoAWD