The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 1G Where do these wires go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanspears1

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2004
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Hey guys, I need some wiring help, was swapping from factory cruise throttle cable to non-cruise and found a bunch of wiring gom.

Right behind the intake there are two wires coming out of the main harness (solid white wire, and a striped black wire) that have been cut and more stuff wired to, the white wire has been ran over and tied into some kind of sensor/plug under the manifold about half way across the block. This sensor/plug WTF ever it is also has two wires coming from it (solid red, and white with black stripe)

Can anyone please tell me how this mess is supposed to be wired and what goes where? I can’t stand junky wiring, but I didn’t do this so I don’t have a clue where it’s all supposed to go.

Edit: forgot to put in that’s it’s a 1991 Talon AWD

Can anyone tell me what this sensor is? From searching I think it’s an oil pressure sensor but I wasn’t aware of any oil sensors other than the one on the filter housing. It was on the back side of the block towards the driver side, and had two wire coming from it before I broke them LOL. The wires were solid red and white with a black strip, and the wiring was all cobbled up so idk where it was supposed to go...

Sounds like your knock sensor wiring.

This is written for a 1990 but, in this case, is the same for your car as well: The 1990 Engine Control Wiring Harness

I will look through that but I don’t believe the sensor on the block is the knock sensor, I took it off and will provide pics...

Attachments

• 09335767-00CC-419E-926C-0B0AE31B7485.jpeg
    09335767-00CC-419E-926C-0B0AE31B7485.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 24
Yeah... That's the knock sensor. :thumb:

Ok, well I guess AutoZone’s website lies bc it shows the knock sensor looking round with a bolt hole through it, seeing as it had no plug on it, would it originally have wired plugged into the solid white & black striped wires just below the intake? It also had the plug chopped off so I can’t compare plugs...

Knock sensor.
Where was the factory plug on the harness for knock sensor located? There was a couple wires coming out the harness right behind the intake with a solid white & a striped black wire that this was kinda hooked to, but the connectors have all been cut off so I’m not sure if that’s even where this should be wired to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back