The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Where do I go from here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgtalon95

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2003
bothell, Washington
Hey guys, well I'm starting to hit the ceilling of my dsm. My mods are in my profile, just wondering what would be a good next mod !! I think really the only thing left is cams...are they worth the 500 bucks?? I really wanted about 330whp. Also, would you guys suggest I get a 7cm hotside?? I'm using a 6cm on my 16g right now :|

I was looking into getting an Eprom ecu and a Tmo chip......any thoughts???

I'm trying to keep the power levels under 400 for reliability and daily drivability. I really don't want to get into any engine builds. Let me know what you guys would recommend :thumb:

I'm in much the same boat as you and it seems as if you've got a solid set of mods going. While I can't vouch for the cams since I haven't installed any on my GSX, I can tell you that the EPROM ECU with chip is fantastic. The largest benefit is being able to use the AFC for fine tuning instead of the larger increments of fuel reduction you need to perform currently. As an example, on 550's you may only need to reduce the top end by around 2% or so.

Since TMO no longer makes chips, you'll need to look into a Keydiver chip from DSMChips.com. Jeff is great at setting these up. Remember that since your airflow numbers will be higher since the AFC won't be lying to the ECU as much that you'll likely want to have him eliminate fuel cut since you have adequate supporting mods.

Other than that, the 7cm hot side sounds great. The spool time may increase a bit, but the airflow will more than make up for it.

Hope that helps!

Andy

I can vouch for jeff at dsmchips.com. he is a stand-up guy who will build you a chip any way you want.

I first bought a chip from him but since that I have got a burner and modify my own stuff. One thing he did for me was modify the timing maps and a/c clutchcut.

You can let him know what injectors you have and he can set up the IPW and deadtime to matdh the stock ECU. No airflow correction in the AFC, for instance. that car wil run and idle like stock with 880cc injectors.

a step above that is DSMLink. You can change many things in real time, plus log. www.dsmlink.com

I can vouch for cams I think they made a huhge difference for me. They are my second favorite mod I have done behind dsmlink. Well actually might be a tie between that and my fmic. I would say my turbo but sounds like you dont want to play that game, so I would say cams are worth every penny.
Tyler

I should have around 330awhp judging by my quarter mile times. I would suggest getting a 7cm housing and doing a lot of port work, since its free if you have a die grinder. Stick with the stock flapper because once you get more mods your boost will fall down. As for the cams, I would go with HKS 272's. My idle appears stock yet I have power to 7500rpm's gave me 2-3mph and dropped my quarter mile times by .2seconds.

first port everything you have then eprom and 660cc injectors so your b16g can shine. After that, cams. By the looks of the profile, nice work. :thumb:

Thanks for the tips guys. I bought my injectors from Fic and I ordered 660's......since my maps on my afc are at -8% across the board I would say I have 550's correct?? I will definitely look into the eprom and keydriver chip :thumb: What cams do you guys recommend?? I'm looking for straight drop in no degreeing. I don't plan on taking my engine up past redline because all my retainers and springs are factory. Would the hks 264/272 be a good size?? Maybe the FP 2's ??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back