The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where did you place your inline fuel pump? and how is it secured?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
I have my secondary pump in my engine bay right under the filter, but i dont like its location and how it mounted, so im looking for ideas where to place it, and how to secure it into place. pics would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Funfettie

Here is how I mounted mine

Attachments

• IMG_20120218_211445.jpg
    IMG_20120218_211445.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 107
Ok, for the sake of knowledge read through. the perfect scenario on a awesome fuel system is to have a filter before the pump to protect your expensive pump from debris failure, AND a second Filter AFTER the pump to protect the engine from debris from pump failure. but like you said fuel pumps are not that common to dump their mechanical parts so people just put a filter AFTER the pump only instead of two.

but at no time should you put a pump after a filter and call it a day, that is no good.

another tip is to consider relocating your pump from your engine bay because the high engine temperatures + fuel pump is not a good idea either. In racing perspective you want your fuel as cool as possible so keeping the pump cool is one of them.

Ok, for the sake of knowledge read through. the perfect scenario on a awesome fuel system is to have a filter before the pump to protect your expensive pump from debris failure, AND a second Filter AFTER the pump to protect the engine from debris from pump failure. but like you said fuel pumps are not that common to dump their mechanical parts so people just put a filter AFTER the pump only instead of two.

but at no time should you put a pump after a filter and call it a day, that is no good.

another tip is to consider relocating your pump from your engine bay because the high engine temperatures + fuel pump is not a good idea either. In racing perspective you want your fuel as cool as possible so keeping the pump cool is one of them.

Well looks like I will just buy the pump to rail kit andput my pump under the car. Thanks for the info

Here i where i put mine. In the stock filter location after a inline filter. It will be held in by the stock filter bracket.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And i wouldent worry about the heat thing with the pump in the bay.the fuel is going to cool it down any way. Touch a stock filter, nomatter how hot the bay is it will be cool to the touch. The only thing that will heat up fuel is the rail because it is bolted directly to the motor.but no one has ever had a problem with fuel geting hot LOL.

Here i where i put mine. In the stock filter location after a inline filter. It will be held in by the stock filter bracket.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

And i wouldent worry about the heat thing with the pump in the bay.the fuel is going to cool it down any way. Touch a stock filter, nomatter how hot the bay is it will be cool to the touch. The only thing that will heat up fuel is the rail because it is bolted directly to the motor.but no one has ever had a problem with fuel geting hot LOL.

Ya I was just thinking about that. Either way I am still considering moving the pump under the car so my filter can still be mounted in the stock location. I have yet to hear of a pump fail and sent pieces into the injectors so may just leave it as it is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back