The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Where can i get tcu terminals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
I have a 1993 but the replacement connector I have fits a different pin size(2g).. so i need to re-pin... any clue where to source without buying a bunch and getting lucky?

Check Rockauto, Amazon, Carid, Autoanything, and Japanparts.com
Im sure they are on amazon or even mouser electronics... but I need a size or part number. mitsu used 2 different styles of terminal pins on the tcus and cand find part numbers for either

You might try rywire.com they have alot but cant guarantee they have that one.
If i had somewhere I could get a size they should be easy to order... ill call rywire tomorrow. A size chart for electrical would be handy I would think. Has to be plenty of us fixing wiring on these old things!

They will still make a new harness if you commission them to. But they are expensive. So if you have a picture of either side of the connector they should be able to get one. I would think.

They will still make a new harness if you commission them to. But they are expensive. So if you have a picture of either side of the connector they should be able to get one. I would think.
I know i an get a harness. I dont need a new harness though. Just replacing the connector. I emailed rywire. Ohm sold me the connector and pins originally but I messed some up and cant currently get a reply.

I "think" I found them at an electrical supply place.. they are sending me samples to try. If so I will lost the part numbers.

There is also the option of wiring diodes directly to the soleniods with the diagram on kiggly racing site. But that leaves you to manually shifting the car from that point. Its what drag racers do.

There is also the option of wiring diodes directly to the soleniods with the diagram on kiggly racing site. But that leaves you to manually shifting the car from that point. Its what drag racers do.
I actually have the forced4 shift box. I made it plug and play. I have the same shifting features you mentioned without hacking the harness and leaving me with just that shifting method along with programmable shift maps that I create.

Just trying to fix the old brittle connector in the car.

In case you find yourself in my situation... rywire and Brads both sell the flip back connector(93 and 94). You can get a 2g style with the middle insert pictured here but will need terminal socket part number 175265 from te connectivity

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back