The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where can I buy a new starter relay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatvteckid

Probationary Member
Jan 4, 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
In need of new starter relay? ASAP. I was told you can only buy one from a dealership but I'm sure there's other means.

I spend lots of time at the pull yards getting parts if you don't want to spend a lot. Only issue there is if its just a little more to get it new then I would just do that.

Dude try the classifieds here or a junkyard is not that hard to find a used one even on eBay give it a try.

I really hate people's sour ass tone when it comes to people asking questions that may have been answered already? Have you looked into the classifieds on this website? You would know its a jumbled up cluster #### thats near impossible to find anything youre looking for even with the search function.

A junkyard? Really? Thats your best advice? Go to a junkyard for an electrical component thats been rained/snowed on for 2 years?

Jesus, just dont say anything at all scrub. You have nothing to offer - Dont post.

OP: Try a parts car off of CL. I wouldnt say classifieds because its not likely someones going to rip off their dash to find you a relay for 10$. Go with a local dealership. Have part # in hand because generally dealer parts employees are ####ing retards.

Are you sure its a relay? When you crank the car, touch the relay and feel for a click - If its clicking - It works. If its not clicking, make sure its getting power. If its not getting power, it may not be the relay.

You can also bypass it temporarily, connect the yellow and black wire to the black and red and itll start until you can find a new relay.

I'm not agree with eagle96talon, there so many good even better parts at a junk yard even being used and under weather that new parts from some sore of autopart stores, The MPI relay is inside the car, so weather will not do affect or damage it.

You can go and buy a bran new alternator from any autoparts and It will not stand with an OEM from a Junkyard, even saying that it's under the weather.

I replaced more then 6 alternators in 1 year from an autopart with a lifetime warranty, I gave up and replaced it with an OEM from a junkyard,
Once this alternator gives up, I will rebuild it but will never buy another from autoparts,..j

There are parts that are better new then used, but there are so, so many parts that are better used (OEM) then new ( rebuild/remanufactured ).

No one will rip they car to sell only that part, which if they have that part in their cars, is because they need it, if they have one laying around on the garage or stored, then they will be more then happy to sell it.

To the OP,

Just post a WTB ad and I'm almost sure that you will get it.

Paying high price is not really getting the best part.

Are you sure that is what you need? I would assume its the starter solenoid since this happened to me on my 1G. Mine would start here and there and when it wouldn't start the engine would NOT turn at all as if it had a dead battery. At first I thought it was my starter relay but when I realized tapping the starter with a rock would make it work again is when I knew it was the starter solenoid going bad. I have now replaced the starter on my 1G never had any starting issues again. Now I don't know if this is the problem you are having but I figured I would share my story since this has happened to another 1G owner I know.

In need of new starter relay? ASAP. I was told you can only buy one from a dealership but I'm sure there's other means.

relay or solenoid?

you can get whole starters on ebay for $50 new, my new one works perfectly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back