The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They supposedly resumed work this week but who knows! :( apparently the contractors screwed up and instead of pouring 6" of concrete like they are supposed to they tried to screw us and only pour 2" and then once they got caught they said they didn't know. So that took months to sort out of course and they now claim it to be done by June or July. We shall see LOL!!

Justin..yea I had it all ready to go so I just went..see ya out there in a few weeks
jon..tell those track workers to put down the joint n turn off the reggae n get to work..hahaha

Last edited:
Last edited:
Youll laugh at mine

Attachments

• 20140219_170145.jpg
    20140219_170145.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 154
I started with that too LOL, I'm sure most of use did. I plan to run a calan can once my talon is ready for It. On my eclispe I just use a normal can with a little design change of my own to actually catch the oil if there is any. Works great for me I also have it plummed back Into the intake. I think its really important to do that so you are pulling as much crankcase pressure out as possible, but that's my opinion LOL!

No I called out the platform of FWD itself not anyone in specific, Its inferior platform imo, and I'll race you, I was confused I thought that was you :thumb: You don't have to pay me or anything I would come and race just for fun, sac is on the way to where I can go rally driving so its perfect.

Actually if were all honest he called me out because I was talking about the FWD platform not anyone in specific, but anyways I would race anyone within a reasonable distance of me... But if someone else wants to drag race me and prove the FWD platform you gotta show up the same day as me and pipnorcali because I will more then likely not go to a drag strip after that anytime soon, I dont really enjoy drag racing as much as other options I have.
How much boost are you running pipnorcali?

Dsmkauai scratch that racing offer, but if i'm ever in Hawaii Ill be sure and hit you up for a race.

Guess who didnt show up to race ..i was looking forward to it

12.6@111 2g fwd powa...it was a good day for fwd dsm justin was putting it down all day in his

That's a new PB for you isn't it??

Ya I had a great weekend. Bested my old 14B time of 10.700@124 with a [email protected]. Ran that same exact time twice over the two day span. Managed to cut another 1.58 60' time on my last pass to. Its hard getting any lower than that.

well its just that, its been around for 15 years a lot have been used and beaten so after they stop making them the number dies out, as for srt4s theyr still being made. Im 20 but i can only imagine back in 99 there were a shit ton of fast FWDs.

BTW mines in the 12s and its a FWD ;)

Hey guys, I'm interested in running 26x10x15 m&h slicks with 15x10, 5.5" backspace wheels. Can someone confirm that this will fit a on a fwd 2g? Just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on these. Thanks

minumun 6in back spacing or some grinding needed on the knuckles. no boggie

When you say minimum, does that mean a 6.5" backspacing will hit the knuckle? If I understand it correctly, increasing the backspace will pull the wheel in, closer to the knuckle.

So for a 10" wheel, did you mean a 6" backspace is the maximum?

That's a lot of tire shake you have going on there.

Looks like the suspension needs some work. Thought about making some traction bars to keep the control arms straight?

That's a lot of tire shake you have going on there.

Looks like the suspension needs some work. Thought about making some traction bars to keep the control arms straight?

Its already got them, we normally do a 1.50 60' which is one of the best in the country, that weekend we were launching at 7500 and 1.5 bar of boost and couldnt get enough power in to overcome the tyre shake.

Its already got them, we normally do a 1.50 60' which is one of the best in the country, that weekend we were launching at 7500 and 1.5 bar of boost and couldnt get enough power in to overcome the tyre shake.

Sweet FTO man :thumb:

In the slow mo it just looks like the wheel is moving a bit much. 1.50 is still good anywhere you look for a fwd car. Especially one that doesn't have the support group like the Honda guys.

Is the rear of your car IRS or straight axle?

Shorty: You have one of THE baddest looking dsms on this whole forum bro. Just had to say it. That thing is sick

Now about me haha: SO ive got zero motivation but plenty of money. I have whined about my car in several posts but basically i have ~100psi compression in 1 cylinder. Machinist butchered it the 1st time then offered to "fix" his mistakes. Lol, didnt work out well. Funny thing is, she runs really well. I can tell that #2 isnt 100% obviously. Enough of that.
I have a donor 2g gsx auto. i want to go auto, no more 5 speed BS( no offense to 3 pedal guys at all).
I dont want to do the massive amount of work. You guys a fwd, should i consider using the awd auto and just sticking fwd? Looking for a solid 600whp or more. Im around 500whp now and its near useless.

Im just thinking, its cheaper, lighter, less things to break etc if i stay fwd. But ill never get that launch that you get even on crappy tires with an awd auto. I WILL however have all the parts in storage so if i want to i can put the rear end in, tcase, d shaft and go awd later on.

Just trying to get a kick in the ass and some direction to motivate me. Took her out today again and damn thing is so fast. I miss her.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back