The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^ that was meant for mister doucher bent input shaft who came in saying awd is better! Not to you bro!

Yea not you landspeed your gonna do just fine .. I was talking to the awd is king guy
if you just baby it outta of the hole youll still be getting crazy mph

as for tubes I dont run um they add weight

What 60' times are you running on them?

^ are you asking me?? If so last session I was cutting low 1.7 60' consistently and this was on a maxed out s16g! With the new holset setup I have I plan to get to low 1.6 or even 1.5 60' if I can. We are waiting for our track to get finished its getting repaved for the first time in 35 years!! My last setup and tune had high 11's in it I know it would have, if the bottom end would have stayed together!! I almost want to try hitting 11's with it before moving on but I'm to excited to run the holset!! Especially seeing how well Richard is doing!!

Depends on power. 24.5x8.5 is a good tire for lower powered cars. Even with a shift within the 60' I still cut high 1.5s. If we could fit a 13" wheel the 24.5x9.5x13" is the best option. I've ran the gear ratio calculators and the fwd trans with 24.5s is best. I ran the awd trans and 26" and the car was 2 tenths slower and 3-4mph down to.

And I'll add that M&H has one of the stickiest tires out for our cars.

Richard I'm still trying to see what it's gonna cost to get ya some slicks shipped over the pond. I haven't forgot about you.

For me I alread had the 16" rims to use and wanted a slick that would last awhile and work once I upgraded more. That's why the qtp's for me seemed the best option! I would love to try different combos, just cost to much to ship things out here all the time! :(

Thanks. I run 1.53 to 1.55 in the 60' on the M&Hs

For me I alread had the 16" rims to use and wanted a slick that would last awhile and work once I upgraded more. That's why the qtp's for me seemed the best option! I would love to try different combos, just cost to much to ship things out here all the time! :(

Ya my buddy Ryan lives over there and it was like an extra $80 in shipping for two slicks.

I don't think you will be able to get 1.5s out of the qtp. You might need to switch to a true slick. I use an mt 26x8.5x15. I should be able to dip into the 1.5x range. My best is 1.61

Ya I have some m&h slicks waiting at the shop already on rims! My buddy just happen to have them for his mustang and then desided to go bigger so I snagged them!! But I plan to use the qtp's till they can't hang anymore! Lol

Tyres are dead after about 20 passes.

You want a wider wheel than the tire. I'm running 9" wide wheel with an 8.5" tire. More stability and doesn't allow the sidewall to roll over while sitting. Helped me going from 8s to 9d

I think you want the aidewall to ripple while drag racing cause it's less shock on the trans. (Or drivrline in awd) I'd think making a slick low profile style wouldnt be as beneficial.

I agree with this. Kinda why I've always opted for a 15" slick. I really wanted a 13x10" with a 24.5x9.5 tire but my brakes are to big.

I think you want the aidewall to ripple while drag racing cause it's less shock on the trans. (Or drivrline in awd) I'd think making a slick low profile style wouldnt be as beneficial.

You deff. Want some sidewall im running 225/45 -17 and they are not cutting it ..

Hey justin if you ever come across another set of rear skinnies hit me up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back