The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some pics of my latest project here in Australia.
Specs 93 Mitsubishi lancer Coupe
2.1 alloy rod 4g64
garrett gtx3076
methanol
built auto with a custom taller front diff ratio
26X10 slicks bigger drive shafts etc
2100 lbs with me in it(im 260lbs LOL)
Haltech ECU, mechanical pump.

This is awesome! The mechanical fuel pump bracket looks like it's mounted directly onto the oil filter housing :rocks::hellyeah:. Will you post more pics of this please:D?

Thanks for the comments.
As a manual it ran a 9.8@156 30psi, methanol 2.3
The auto/engine setup is out of my street evo3 which ran 10.8@128 22 psi (3000 lbs)
The mechanical fuel pump is an Aeromotive one which came with the bracket, I made a 8mm spacer and
it bolted up to the oil filter bracket.
The pulley setup is an AMS dry sump pulley bracket with a moroso sprocket
The taller gear ratio is a 3.1 front diff and when it was awd I had a 2.86 rear diff out of a JDM chariot.
On the hwy in 3rd gear it would sit at 3300 @60mph

Couple more pics

Attachments

• 1473029_653818831348602_213876107_n.jpg
    1473029_653818831348602_213876107_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20131217_103914.jpeg
    20131217_103914.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 244
I am in the process of setting the same fuel pump. Was going to have a custom adapter made for the cam though. I like your setup better cause the pump sits low.

thanks, I was looking at the cam set up too, but I decided to run it off the oil filter housing.I kind of fluked how easy it was to do.

It sure is, I only had to make a spacer on the top bolt and on the bottom bolt I used 2 hardened washers.

contact for the ring gear :)

I had a local guy here in Australia make one up. Cost me around $700 to get it made. I'm thinking this will make the car launch much better as it will have a taller 1st gear etc.

The FWD's are behind the AWD's where they will stay until they do an AWD SWAP
Yeah right!! You must be joking! Look at ARFWD's 14b record in a front wheel drive and show me a 14b AWD that is in front of that time!
The only thing the AWD's are in front of is on tipping the scale... both in weight and broken driveline parts.

The FWD's are behind the AWD's ;) where they will stay until they do an AWD SWAP :thumb:

Very unintelligent post my friend. My "FWD" cuts 1.5 60' times. Not even a big thing for the AWD guys. At my level and every level im taking there after, no awd will be in front of me like you say.

The FWD's are behind the AWD's ;) where they will stay until they do an AWD SWAP :thumb:

What a clown!! This guy probably doesn't even know how to launch his awd and will stall on the line at the track anyway!! Hahaha ask any awd guy out here in Kauai how my fwd does compaired to them!! They ain't launching on me is all I can say!! Low 1.7 60' here on a very basic setup and small 16g!!! What you got doucher!!

Thanks for that helpful contribution to this thread. Without this knowledgeable post I dont think I could have finished my car.

What are your track times so I can let you know just how far behind a FWD car you are.

This was a reply for the op but I didn't realize that was from like 5 years ago, anyways you want to know my track times or my drag times? I don't do drag racing nor did i build my car for it, so I guess it would just be down to guessing from my build what times i could go in a straight line... If you want to know my track times, :nono: We can race at a track and see who wins if you want. :thumb: You want to take a road trip to California?

What a clown!! This guy probably doesn't even know how to launch his awd and will stall on the line at the track anyway!! Hahaha ask any awd guy out here in Kauai how my fwd does compaired to them!! They ain't launching on me is all I can say!! Low 1.7 60' here on a very basic setup and small 16g!!! What you got doucher!!

Haha you raged and all I stated was because there slower then AWD is why there not putting down better times.. Its a fact... You would not beat me in a drag race, and I dont do drag races... I have all the supporting mods to match whatever power level your at, and i have no problems launching my car especially since I have 2-step there isn't much skill involved in a slow awd car going in a straight line.
"what you got doucher" Unlike you, I wont start flaming like a 12 year old, and if you wanted to know what I had, Unlike you I have my mods filled out in my profile, Take a look, we have the "same" turbo, except mines ported. ;) Also I could care less what someone else's driving/car would do against yours... It doesn't reflect my car or driving in any way.

Very unintelligent post my friend. My "FWD" cuts 1.5 60' times. Not even a big thing for the AWD guys. At my level and every level im taking there after, no awd will be in front of me like you say.

I disagree, If you run a 7sec pass I will tell you your right, but until then FWD is inferior imo.
"At my level and every level im taking there after, no awd will be in front of me like you say." Not trying to argue but what did you mean here? In your class no awd could win?

Last edited:
I have the best of all worlds a 9sec fwd, a 9sec awd and a 10 sec MKIV Supra. Im loving the FWD out of all.And there is alot of skill needed to run a consistent time all the time

I disagree, If you run a 7sec pass I will tell you your right, but until then FWD is inferior imo.
"At my level and every level im taking there after, no awd will be in front of me like you say." Not trying to argue but what did you mean here? In your class no awd could win?

So your whole argument is that since no fwds hit 7s that the awd is out front?? Dsm fwds aren't very common in the race scene. You know why?? Cause guys like you can't handle a challenge. You can't figure how to make the drive configuration work.

But you drag race you say?? Tell me why my fwd cars, yes plural. Aways got better fuel economy over all the awds I've driven. Doesn't sound like the fwd is behind on that either.

I live in a snow area. Fwd cars drive all over the place. Awds do better so ya it's a wash.

So really your ignorant statement brought to a thread directly for us small group of fwd guys adds no contribution and you should go post else ware.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back