The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You got the mph for 12's , ## running slicks right? And are you preloading with the ebrake ?

I learned how to do a FWD burnout about 20 minutes ago, and I'm still bad at it. Should I even bother with preloading yet? Lol

I learned how to do a FWD burnout about 20 minutes ago, and I'm still bad at it. Should I even bother with preloading yet? Lol

I was just doing a lil burnout in 1st gear cause i was a ####...preloading just helps with the shock of the launch n trying not to break stuff (you got some nice power going)

Check out dsmkauai he has some sweet in car video of him preloading .

When you start running slicks, DO NOT DUMP THE CLUTCH. Its not needed to cut good times. Youll break more stuff doing that than easing it out of the hole.

When I still had the 5 speed I was doing 2nd gear burnouts. Just get in the water box and dump the clutch. It will spin LOL.

I have 26x8.5.15 MTs at about 8psi. I haven't messed with the tire pressure much though. Its still a new setup with the auto and new slicks.

When I still had the 5 speed I was doing 2nd gear burnouts. Just get in the water box and dump the clutch. It will spin LOL.

I have 26x8.5.15 MTs at about 8psi. I haven't messed with the tire pressure much though. Its still a new setup with the auto and new slicks.

You can drop lower on the pressures. In all honesty, your gonna want a wider tire if you want good 60'. 10" wide. I ran the same M/T slicks for a long time and even with the 16G id spin them. As soon as I switched over to the 26X10" M&Hs it was a whole different game.

You can drop lower on the pressures. In all honesty, your gonna want a wider tire if you want good 60'. 10" wide. I ran the same M/T slicks for a long time and even with the 16G id spin them. As soon as I switched over to the 26X10" M&Hs it was a whole different game.

Yeah 10 wide m&h are the way to go running 6psi and 3rd gear burnouts

Street tires at 20psi. Car was running 26psi. Launching at 5500, shifting at 7500.

Car's new personal best! My husband was driving, he has more FWD experience and he was showing me how its done. Got to the track and noticed one of my slicks had a slow leak -.- Oh well.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Street tires at 20psi. Car was running 26psi. Launching at 5500, shifting at 7500.

Car's new personal best! My husband was driving, he has more FWD experience and he was showing me how its done. Got to the track and noticed one of my slicks had a slow leak -.- Oh well.

Hey you dropped into the 13s at least LOL. Your learning. Really try and follow the vid in posted on your fb. That will get you the fastest times if you can get that down. Also controlling your throttle in the first two gears will help allot if you don't have or use boost by gear. You need to find the slip point of your tires and ride the line till you can go wot.

*9-10" wide wheels
*5-7psi on the tires
*preload with a staging brakes/ebrake
*3rd gear burnouts if you have the power. ;-)
*practice practice

High 1.4-1.5 60ft comming your way.

Hey you dropped into the 13s at least LOL. Your learning. Really try and follow the vid in posted on your fb. That will get you the fastest times if you can get that down. Also controlling your throttle in the first two gears will help allot if you don't have or use boost by gear. You need to find the slip point of your tires and ride the line till you can go wot.

Which video?

110mph is about 300hp or less... so i just dont see how its running so slow with 400+ hp

Is he or u leaving it in 3rd or shifting up to fourth

Thus the reasoning I hate dynos. The numbers can be skewed very easily.

Went to the 1/8 mile today and had my first experience on slicks.

Before today, my best 1/8 time was 9.8 @ 81mph and a 2.4 60 ft.
Today, I ran an 8.6 @ 87mph and a 2.1 60 ft.

It was good practice, and I feel like slicks will get me 12's easy in the 1/4 mile.

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202291179547440" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202291179547440">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/thejaxness">Jax Goad</a>.</div></div>

With those tires and the stock fwd gearing you shouldn't be shifting into 4th at all. I was going through the traps at 140 in 3rd at 8800rpm. I tried shifting to 4th to see the difference and it obviously slowed me down.

I agree though about 110 traps being way off from the power it should be making. You're missing about 20mph! Go find it LOL

With those tires and the stock fwd gearing you shouldn't be shifting into 4th at all. I was going through the traps at 140 in 3rd at 8800rpm. I tried shifting to 4th to see the difference and it obviously slowed me down.

I agree though about 110 traps being way off from the power it should be making. You're missing about 20mph! Go find it LOL

Im running 24.5s and I shift into 4th around the 1/8th. That's even when my power was down to where I trapped 118, and is the same all the way up to 128 so far. I shift no higher than 7200.

24.5s super wide is the only way to go if you can. It yields the highest mph per gear. But that's if you can get away with the smaller tire.

Im running 24.5s and I shift into 4th around the 1/8th. That's even when my power was down to where I trapped 118, and is the same all the way up to 128 so far. I shift no higher than 7200.

24.5s super wide is the only way to go if you can. It yields the highest mph per gear. But that's if you can get away with the smaller tire.

what gear ratios do you guys have and whats your standard rev limit?

I've only raced at about 380-400hp. Pump gas with the boost turned down, so she's not at her full 500hp capability.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back