The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Where are the 2F2F cars now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After F&F was released they had the green eclipse in this "Performance Shop" in my local mall for sale for something like 60-80k.

I've read sevral articles on the cars and there is even a book on them.

The original green eclipse was actually owned by someone, it was a n/t but actually had nitrous. I remember reading his profile on one of the cardomain type sites. Many duplicates of the green eclipse were made for the movie. There is also a company somewhere is the central part of the US that was duplicating them for customers, so there are probably dozens of replicas all over the coutry. The replicas were exact matches on the exterior. Some yankers have tried to copy it (theres a lime green rs with a blitz kit around here) but they are easy to spot because they usually have some altezza tails. The original orange Supra was owned by an actual person. He sold the supra after the movie for insane amounts of money. Many replicas were made and one sits out infront of a studio in Cali. The 3G in the second movie was owned by an actual person. His ride was featured in a magazine when he was cast. I read the article and the interior was completly redone as it was first yellow and clashed horribly on camera. Again many replicas of the cars were made. Many of the replicas from the original owners cars were used in the production of the second movie, ie replica orange supras were painted to become the copper colored one in the second movie. There is a book that covers most of this (the book sucked so I didn't read all of it) called 'the cars of 2f2f'.

Injected said:
I've read sevral articles on the cars and there is even a book on them.

The original green eclipse was actually owned by someone, it was a n/t but actually had nitrous. I remember reading his profile on one of the cardomain type sites. Many duplicates of the green eclipse were made for the movie. There is also a company somewhere is the central part of the US that was duplicating them for customers, so there are probably dozens of replicas all over the coutry. The replicas were exact matches on the exterior. Some yankers have tried to copy it (theres a lime green rs with a blitz kit around here) but they are easy to spot because they usually have some altezza tails. The original orange Supra was owned by an actual person. He sold the supra after the movie for insane amounts of money. Many replicas were made and one sits out infront of a studio in Cali. The 3G in the second movie was owned by an actual person. His ride was featured in a magazine when he was cast. I read the article and the interior was completly redone as it was first yellow and clashed horribly on camera. Again many replicas of the cars were made. Many of the replicas from the original owners cars were used in the production of the second movie, ie replica orange supras were painted to become the copper colored one in the second movie. There is a book that covers most of this (the book sucked so I didn't read all of it) called 'the cars of 2f2f'.

Creig lieberballs owned the original orange supra, which was origanally silver. He sold the supra for a cool 80k overseas and bought the blackbird skyline and proceeded to rice the hell out of it. He bought the beamer before the skyline but just now started modding it. Lieberballs skyline was never in 2 fast 2 fluffy, he sold it to some chick in TN before the movie. My thought is that they were doing some promotion for something, say SRS or what not, and those are just prop cars, there probably isn't even a motor in the cars. Kinda a full size display model for something.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back