The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

where are all the dsmer in lake county????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whattup fellaz? Im in Gary, IN. I think its considered Lake County. My car doesnt see the road too often since I have a list of things to do/install. Once I get it road worthy I will try to be a little more active. If anyone is ever interested in helping a nube do some install work feel free to hit me up.

Lake County Resident here! From Crown Point but I stay down at school most of the year. (Purdue that is)

Off the top of my head I have, rotors for the front, full exhaust, 16G, header, tial wastgate, safc, greddy fmic etc. The header and the turbo are already together and there is a flange for the wastegate already. Everything should bolt right up but I'm by no means a car guy so I'm a little hesitant. Any Help would be appreciated!

You got a good assortment of tools? You got all the parts needed? No missing gaskets or bolts? Double check and, if needed, go to extremepsi.com They got just about everything and they do awesome business.

You read my mind... I am actually on their site now looking for what I think is the oil feed line that was cut when the turbo was removed. I was there when the parts were removed so I have most if not all bolts and gaskets with some extras. The guy was nice enough to give me a a sheet of gasket material to cut my own if needed. My tool kit is a little weak so I will have to buy "as needed".

I'll tell you this. dont cut corners. A fellow DSMer once told me "Do it right, do it once." And he's right. Buy good products. so call extreme for that gasket. And sign on to ChitownDSM to get some used parts locally. Does the car drive?

I hear you man. I dont want to rush or cut corners so If I dont have it on the road this summer I am ok with that. It does ride. I actually drove it back from some small town in Michigan when I purchased it. It doesnt boost a whole lot and the guy ran the exhaust out the side, no cat and no muffler. It has a small oil leak when its running that I need to tend to as well. I will take your advice and do it right once. It's an expensive hobby though. I'm sure you know that already. Oh, thanks for the recommendation to chitowndsm. I'm checking it out now.

Last edited:
it is an expensive hobby indeed LOL I'm down ot help also if you need anything .

Just let us know...Just make sure you do your homework first. I hate helping people that didnt do their research. Search the forum for how-tos, tips, special tools, etc; anything that has any reference to what you will be doing and even print them off. Start soaking rusty bolts in PB Blaster. You got a good impact and air compressor? Get a good set of metric box wrenches and sockets; even a set of bolt-buster sockets. you can get a cheap set at harbor frieght for like 10 bucks.

whats up guys?? Im in portage actually not to far from gary. If you got any questions just give me a shout ill help ya out these cars can be a real pain once you start upgrading them but its definently worth it. For the gasket situation one thing i recommend is gettin the turbine housing machined and the manifold machined and run it with no gasket, its cheap and the best option.

I think its funny how us Hoosiers hijacked this thread from them Illini...

Whats going on for the weekend...?

No idea and thats cause we rock . And mike if you give me your car I'll love you long time LOL

Hey bean you got a big enough grill with places to park ? we could grill at your place LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back