The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Where are all the 93 94 laser awd s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyz250f

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
All I ever see on here are 92 laser awds. Also what are the eclipses I see sometimes with the laser spoiler. They have two tail pipes so they are turbo? Are they gst s?
I have never seen a 1g gst, to my knowledge.

danyz250f said:
All I ever see on here are 92 laser awds. Also what are the eclipses I see sometimes with the laser spoiler. They have two tail pipes so they are turbo? Are they gst s?

I think any eclipse with a laser spoiler is a custom application. Two tail pipes doesn't necessarily mean its turbo, it just means it's a 2.0L.

That answers one question, so are the 93 94 laser awd super rare?

From what i know the 94 production of the laser was very small. I had a production number somewhere on my comp and i'll see if i can dig it up for you. I do see 93's around every once and a while.

awdrst said:
From what i know the 94 production of the laser was very small. I had a production number somewhere on my comp and i'll see if i can dig it up for you. I do see 93's around every once and a while.

The day i find a AWD laser for sale..im buying it..but that will never happen..they arent anywhere..

I love the AWD lasers, a friend had one that was a total sleeper. I mean it even had hubcaps and no spoiler.

97ClipseDSM said:
The day i find a AWD laser for sale..im buying it..but that will never happen..they arent anywhere..
Buy mine it just did 12.4@111

danyz250f said:
i have a 1ga gst, and the spoiler is the same as the 1ga eagle talon I have, except the talon extends to the side view mirrors, while the eclipse ends at the rear quarter panels.

awd lasers are of are super rare. they didnt even make them awd untill 92, so that was the biggest year for them being awd. From 93-93, they didn't make so many of them.

I have a 1992 Laser RS AWD (pre 1992.5) so it came with a 6 bolt :thumb: .

Laser4G63 said:
I've owned the Eclipse, Talon and Laser (all AWD) and love my Laser by far. No spoiler and a little lighter than the other 2. I still get people actually telling me that my Laser isn't turbo or AWD :rolleyes: I just say, "I guess the transfer case, drive shaft and rear diff are just for looks then?"

I had a chance to buy a 93 Laser AWD, spitting image of my 92, but someone beat me to it. You're right though, I hardly see 93 or 94 Laser AWDs around.
man i want to hear the stpry behind this, so people off the street just come up and try to call you a liar when you say your cars awd?

420Adriver said:
man i want to hear the stpry behind this, so people off the street just come up and try to call you a liar when you say your cars awd?

I've had people say that to me also. I've been told I should have got an eclipse or talon because they come turbo and awd (this was before I got my FMIC of course).

I got my '92 AWD Laser for $3,400 w/ the mods in my profile already done to it.

I almost went and bought a 92 AWD laser, but somebody beat me to it. It was a 6 bolt also. :(

I had a 92 Laser AWD 6Bolt/4bolt rear end combo. Engine overheated first day I bought it due to a cracked radiator and a dumbass previous owner. Dropped a JDM 6 Bolt and supporting mods. T Case locked up on the way home sealing it's own fate. Man I LOVED that car. 1g Lasers for the win. If I ever find another AWD Laser when I make more money i'm definately buying it.

I think the 92 laser is the best 1g you can buy. I just did the abs delete and 93 94 big brakes and now my car has the best of everything a 1g came with stock. 6 bolt 4 bolt big brakes no pop up lights. Also cheaper on insurance.

But most all awds are 92. 93 94 are super rare.

Lionel Hutz said:
IIRC alot of 92 lasers came with EPROM ECUs too. Mine did.

Yeah, I got SOO lucky with my laser. $500, mint interior, hail damaged exterior, 6 bolt/4 bolt, and an eprom ecu. Only about 92,xxx on the clock! My uncle owned it and wanted to get rid of it quick, first come first serve eh!

He is really glad with what I'm doing to it and everything, yay!

Just sold the blue one in my profile for 1K sort of wish i would have held on to it....if only i had a garage:laser:

But im glad i got my new truck

Is there really any easy way to find out if you have an EPROM? I know the ECU is located behind the center console, what would be the best way to go about checking? Like taking what pieces out would be the easiest?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back