The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where are all the 93 94 laser awd s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there really any easy way to find out if you have an EPROM? I know the ECU is located behind the center console, what would be the best way to go about checking? Like taking what pieces out would be the easiest?

Not to be an ass, but i think the point of this thread was to talk about your 1gb laser specifically, not how to determine if your 1g has an eprom. :rolleyes:

i got my 92 6/4 laser for $600. mint paint and interior. turbo back exhaust, sportlines, agx's, and camber kits. it had 2 cracked valves which i replaced for cheap. all in all, $1k for a running white awd laser. beat that!

I just bought mine. It is a 6bolt/4bolt. Is silver in color. Was bone stock and paid $1200 for it. Threw an ECU in and fast passed emissions. The lady tried to argue with me that it was no an AWD. I removed the badges so I guess it was hard to tell. The caps in the junk yard ecu(easy to tell that one) had blown up. Looks as if they replaced the knock sensor, o2 sensor, and MAF to get it to pass. The smog station wouldn't let me test. They said it had failed 4 times this year. The lady told me they had inherited a car and couldn't keep it. LIAR. Its cool.

Got me another AWD and a clean platform to build on next. 107,000 miles. Burns oil pretty good, I imagine it is the rings, but puffs blue smoke on take off and start up. Non the less, I will bolt the GT42 to this stock motor when I figure out how I want to run the intercooler piping. May end up just driving this daily with the GT42 for a while.

Steven

I have a 1992 Laser RS AWD (pre 1992.5) so it came with a 6 bolt :thumb: .

So True!!! The 92.5-94's were equipped with 7-bolts....booo

Mine crankwalked on me, so anyone who says that 1g's dont CW is nuts...

The 92's are here bec. they are 6-bolt / 4-bolt rear. If I had a choice, it would be a 92...

On a side note, I have always wondered what parts it would take to swap a 6-bolt motor into a 92.5 that originally had a 7-bolt in it. Would you need the expensive swap kit?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back