1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G When you say, "Just going to change to LEDs".

Posted by Dusty Landrum, Aug 15, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Dusty Landrum

Dusty Landrum Probationary Member

Joined Jul 15, 2019
    San Francisco, California
    So just got my bone stock 1999 Eclipse GSX back after being in storage for 6 years. This is now my third 2G Eclipse and I have had one since I was 16, now 34. I started with a 96 GS then moved to a 97 Spyder GS-T and then right before a move to Hawaii I bought the 99 GSX. As a teenager I always tore the GS apart and did super cheap mods to it, while still having to drive it around as my daily. Well now that I am older I now have a dedicated garage for her and when I finally had her shipped from Atlanta, GA to the bay area where I live now, I told myself I would move slow and only do small things at first. Well..... this is what happens when you own a DSM and begin with just saying I am only going to do an LED swap on the cluster hahahaha. Just thought this was hilarious and that a lot of people on here can relate. Now I am prepping the car for a deep clean and restoring dirty/dull parts/hoses etc. More to come. The worse part of all this was the brittle plastic clips/retainers and the slightly rusty parts attaching the front bumper.. plus the misinformation on youtube about removing most things LOL.

Attached Files:

Street Build 247  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    pat white and teamevolution2 like this.
  2. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Are we ever really done? I always have something going on, be it big or ever so small.
    Glad you joined in for all the fun Dusty!!!
    Pretty soon you will have a boost gauge that looks like this........ROFL and the cycle continues....:ohdamn:
    BoostGuage2.jpg

Street Build 3K  27

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

258  13

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

362  17

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 517  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
    ThunderChild likes this.
  3. 91talonts1

91talonts1 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Spencer, North Carolina
    We can all relate. My car went from running condition just needing an engine bay cleaning to this in a few hours last week.
    KIMG1288.JPG
    Gonna look good when you get done though.:thumb:

Drag Race Build 3K  15

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Dusty Landrum

Dusty Landrum Probationary Member

Joined Jul 15, 2019
    San Francisco, California
    Hahahahahahaha nice photoshop with the needle!! I am thinking for now that I want to keep it pretty stock. Front mount, the 16g I have and hard pipes but besides that I want to keep it stock. We will see though!

So I have been seeing a lot of people doing these strut tower fixes and I inspected mine and eveything looks pretty good for now. I am the second owner and it was garaged and then in storage so hopefully it stays rust-free for a while. Looks like a pain to repair and reseal everything!

Street Build 247  3

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    If it was stored and inside, you have a nice platform to do whatever you feel like doing Dusty!
    Just had to tease you with the boost gauge :) :thumb:

Street Build 3K  27

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

258  13

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

362  17

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 517  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi