The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G When will a 48 a/r turbo run out of steam

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1kick

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2018
Santa fe, New_Mexico
I just ordered a Precision Turbo PT5431 T3 INLET/4-BOLT DISCHARGE .48 A/R and in wondering if I made a mistake this car is a daily driver stock block and stock head I'm looking to get around 350- 380 i havent had time to update my build list but in running
750 fic injectors. 91 pump gas
Snow performance stage 2 water meth
Gfb g force boost controller
255 walboro fuel pump rewired
Large fmic
Aem series 1 ecu
And a tial waste gate when the turbo is installed
3" catless exhaust
I'm looking for a responsive throttle but I don't want too much back pressure will the 48 do ok or should I get the 64 a/r I only have until tomorrow to change my order
Thanks

i would go with the 0.63 A/R turbine housing.

I would choose the .63 option if you're ever planning to max out the turbo...otherwise the .48 option would be fine for a street car with moderate power. Keep in mind the 7cm2 DSM housings are .49 a/r, and those housings have made over 600whp with enough compressor and turbine.

Although I must ask why you decided on a $1000 billet T3-flanged turbo to make 350-380whp when a plain cast wheel 20G for $500ish would do the same and bolt right up to your stock manifold and o2 housing.

I would choose the .63 option if you're ever planning to max out the turbo...otherwise the .48 option would be fine for a street car with moderate power. Keep in mind the 7cm2 DSM housings are .49 a/r, and those housings have made over 600whp with enough compressor and turbine.

Although I must ask why you decided on a $1000 billet T3-flanged turbo to make 350-380whp when a plain cast wheel 20G for $500ish would do the same and bolt right up to your stock manifold and o2 housing.
I honestly have no idea why I went with this turbo besides the fact that I can make it fit with a custom manifold I was honestly looking for a 20g but didn't find any on the sites I was looking on extreme psi maperformance stm tuned I wish there was a sticky for turbo selection I also wasn't sure if a 20g would fit with the factory manifold as I have a mishimoto radiator and fan shroud which take up a lot of room as you can see the waist gate arm almost touches the fan my main problem with the turbo I have now is heat/intake temp that's why I got the water/meth but decided to just upgrade the turbo before a retune

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back