The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

when to change plug heat range

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
At what point have you guys swithed over to NGK7s ?? I just put in the Iridiums (6) on a stock motor running stock boost. If I have upgraded fuel system with stock injectors at what boost point do I need to switch to a colder plug? :talon:

From what I've read, many people say anything 16PSI or above and you should probably run 7s. I actually just put some old Iridium 6s back in earlier this afternoon (I had switched to some BPR7ES ones just to see if there was any difference and couldn't detect any) and I'm running 16PSI on a Big16G. I really like the Iridiums myself (even though that wasn't your question)-- they make the car idle more smoothly, so I'm going to look into getting some Iridium 7s even though they're pricey.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back