The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

When do you absolutely need a non-stock fuel pressure regulator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, I just ran over to AMS this afternoon and picked up the outlet that actually fit.

Install went easy. Car fired right up. I set pressure to 43.5psi. Went for a drive but the car bogged big time at 5000 RPM. Feels slow as crap. Feels worse than it did before the install. I was so sure this was going to fix my problem, but I'm back to where I started-with more bog than before.

Any suggestions?

bring it back down to the stock 38.6 psi
your regulator will allow boost to reference the fuel pressure at a 1:1 rate.
of course if you didn't know, make sure to set the base pressure with the vacuum hose disconnected, or. just hook up your fuel pump check terminal to your battery positive with the car off and dial in the proper pressure.

you should expect to do some tuning to get it right, seeing as how you were previously tuning for ridiculous 60psi of pressure. might be better off initializing t5he safc2 and starting over.
good luck.

yeah sorry i didn't read you mod list.

Jeff specifiaclly draws his maps to the stock fuel pressure settings.
i run a stage 3 dsmchip with 550's and a hacked 2g mass and my car runs great with little more than +/- 5% anywhere in the compensation curve(at least until i get my wideband o2)

set your fp to stock, and it wouldn't hurt to clean or throw in some new plugs cause you fouled them up running 60psi before.

I ended up bringing the fuel pressure back down to 38, reset the fuel trims, and set the MAFT to stock 450's (since I have the stage III chip). The car still runs like crap and still has big time bog at higher RPMs. I tried to lean out the base on the MAFT, but still getting bog after three clicks lean. I shouldn't have to really mess with the MAFT that much with the chip, right?

Any more suggestions?

By the way, thanks SleeperG for your help.

when you ordered your chip, did you tell him to set it for a 1st gen mas, then later get a gm maft.
or did you order it for a maft/ w/ 550's?

if you ordered it w/ the maft configuration,
ytou should have to zero out your maft. then make an adjustments w/ your safc2

sorry, jeff makes his fp base settings 37 psi for his chips.

i would read up on the keydiver forums on the dsmchips.com site. other people have encountered your problem, maybe there you can find the solution.

Jeff offers pretty solid customer support. he helped me trouble shoot for over a month on various problems. so if in doubt email him. pay your respects and be friendly to him and he will help you.

good luck

I already had the MAFT when I ordered the chip, so I asked for 550/MAFT.

I don't have an SAFC--I rely only on the MAFT for tuning. When you say zero everything out, do you really mean all knobs to zero? I thought I needed to have them set for stock configuration of 450 (AUX=0, Base=2).

I did set the fpr to 38, but still same problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back