The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

when did you fall in love with dsm's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallikid

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 27, 2002
Rochester, New_Hampshire
when did you fall in love with dsm's? How long did it take you to get one? I would have to say I was 12 im 15 now and still dont have one but it was when my brother (90turbotalon11) got his car. so how old were you.
:talon: :dsm: :laser:

well a year and a half ago i really wanted to get a WRX (i have working since 16 saving for a car) but after i couldnt afford it i look for other options it was between a Prelude Type SH, Integra GSR, My Spydie:D , and a 300ZX N/A. The last test drive was my spydie and let me tell you i had a grin from one side of my face to the other. And the rest is history i love my car and i wouldnt change a thing:thumb: :dsm:

like five years ago I started looking one day on the internet for fast 4 cyl or equivalent engines like: Rotarys, Supercharged, Turbocharged, and with Nos... and I end up in some site that talked wonders about the 4g63, so I started even more research about it, then I always liked eclipses so I waited a couple of years and finally I bought my 6 bolt 4g63 installed on a nice eclipse wrapping

i got my eclipse about a year ago with money i had saved and with an old car that i sold. I always loved te way they looked and i knew that they werent slow. The after i got my eclipse i totally fell in love with it, and all other DSM's. And i am looking forward to getting my licence soon and getting insurance on the 28th.:D

ps
i am 15, will be 16 friday

Mom totalled the Fuego, having the lapse of sense to trust someone's turn signal. I was sold on turbos before she'd gotten that, after a friend and I put a Cannon kit on a 510 in '77. When my Supra was stolen and burned -for a set of cheap Dunlops, nothing else taken (including the factory mags)- I found an '84 200SX Turbo that was terrific... other than the mechanic who'd worked on it ahead of me hadn't set the timing, and it has no intercooler nor BOV. When its repair slope got too steep to keep up with, and I still couldn't afford an MR-2, I stumbled across a 1G nearby that I'd missed by about half a day. I started a serious search, and within a month found a '94 Talon AWD with dying clearcoat that saved me at least a thousand over market. It had 98K on it, and is now up to 135 or so. Understanding the inevitable mortality of cars (although the 200XS got up to 170K before a leaking heater was the final straw), and not having had any troubles with the '94, and having had a considerable stiffy for the 2G all along, I got the '95 just about a year ago, $7K for 66K. Almost completely un-fu(ked, it still had its 1G BOV, severely worn Fuldas (bah, there's another couple of belts under the ones that are showing) a non-working AC (thanks to what Satan had done to the compressor) and needed a clutch.
My original desire for AWD was so I could sidestep the chain requirements on the Tahoe run in wintertime, but at this point I don't know what I'll turn to when these wear out. You can do all the normal stuff with a car -a real car, with drive coming out of the ass end like God in all His Holiness and Wisdom intended- but in worse conditions and/or at higher speed.

i wanted a fast car, and in minnesota it is either FWD or AWD or else you are focked in the winter. AWD is the sh-t. on my second talon and still no regrets!!

A while back when I had just turned 17 I was out looking to buy my first used car. To be quite honest I had my mind set on a Honda Prelude or Integra GS-R and was searching all over the city for one in my price range. Then I saw a red 96' Eclipse RS sitting in the lot at a dealership and asked if I could take it for a test drive. Having never driven anything but a Ford Explorer before this made me think this Eclipse was very fast!! I bought it that same day and haven't been able to stop modifying it since then.

And to think I actually was bragging to my friends how fast my NT Eclipse was back in the day. I got to take a ride in a Corvette a couple of months after buying the RS. That was when I learned just how slow my car really was :thumb:

I started lookin for my eclipse about 2 years ago. I was a scenior in high school. I was driving a pos geo metro and saw a red RS that i thought looked amazing. Soon after i saw a VR4 3000GT , white, that I thought was pimp as hell. I couldnt afford a low mile 3000GT so i went with an eclilpse. I searched for a good 6 months, convincing my parents to help me out, and sure enough, 1 month after graduating high school I found a 97 GST white, with 23k miles on it with about 5k dropped into it, incredable shape, for 15,500.

Ever since I've been putting any and all money i got into her.

never LOL....sold it less than a year after i bought it....but i did have a 1.8....but i do like workin on em and love that awd turbo launch :thumb:

Went for a "joy ride" test drive when I was still rolling my 92 5.0 and found out there is more to life than torque and loud flowmasters. This was in 97.

I was driving home from the mall and I spotted a red gs sitting in a car lot. I pulled up and they wouldn't talk to me because I was by myself and I was 16 at the time. So I left and came back with my mom 1 week later, they tried to help me and I wouldn't accept any of the previous morons that ignored me to help this time. I ended up buying the car from the 19 year old guy that started there the same day I came in the 2nd time. So he got his first sale from me. :thumb:

After that I loved my GS (Still got it) but I knew there was alot of other things out there that was faster. So then I started looking for a Turbo'd one and crept up on the 95 tsi awd I have now. Love it to death when its out the show :cry:

So I have loved the car for about 6 years.

About 4 years ago I was looking for a first car with my dad, I saw this white M/T 94 Laser and begged for it... unfortunately my dad wanted me on an automatic for "at least a year." I ended up with a 92 Olds Achieva :( Then last year I started a new job and one of the guys there had a 90 Talon TSi, we became great friends and he got me back into DSMs, I looked about 6 months for one and in February I got my 94 TSi AWD. It was the first one I found and I had to get it, even though it was an A/T. So I'm thinking about a swap to a 5-speed, if anyone can help me with that let me know.

Originally posted by rallikid
when did you fall in love with dsm's? How long did it take you to get one?

Summer of 95 a friend took us for a ride in his talon. it was the fastet car i had ever ridden in my life. here is how that car looks now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After fooling with crapy mustangs for 4 years. i got my first dsm about a year ago, for $600 bone stock.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The first time an eclipse ever caught my attention was this black gs-t in town about 2 years ago... It drove by me and let off his Type-S bov and I was like "someday I'm gunna have a car that can do that..." Not knowing what it was. To me it just looked like a cool car (black car and black rims w/ polished lip) and sounded cool. I kept searching for eclipse stuff online and eventually came accross Extreme Motorsports and DSMTuners. By that time I was looking for a car in town. It had to be a turbo awd 2g 5-speed, b/c otherwise I had no reason for selling my jeep. Well here we are now... I've had my car for approximately 380 days and counting;)

damn i think i was 14 when i fell in love with cars. now im 17. at first i liked mustangs and stuff. then i saw a 2nd gen eclipse driving past. and i was like damn! i feel in love! i wanted a 2nd gen for so long up until i got my license. but then i started reading up on dsms and found that 1st gens were way better. so i got me one! i love it. although its a POS. LOL

Aww, such cute stories :D

I was in high school driving my Ford Tempo (haha, go ahead and laugh :p ). There was a Talon in town, a 95 TSI in that light green. It was hooked-up, rims and stuff. Then they painted it a lime green and put some white rims on it. Still loved it. I always liked the Eclipse but so many of the snooty girls in High school had them, so I wanted to be different (I like the Talon rearend better, cute as$). I would cut out all the pictures of Talons in the Auto Trader and tape them around the house. On the fridge, doors, T.P. roll, to my parents beer, LOL.....they gave in a signed a loan for me! This December will be 5 years!

I have put so much money into it just to keep it running! The last time it broke down I even test drove 3 cars. I just couldn't do it! Had to keep the Talon :D

I bought my Spyder new in 1997. I don’t think I had even seen one before but I wanted a sport convertible. Mustangs were everywhere and I wanted something a little less common. “I think Mitsubishi has a convertible” I told my wife and we wandered into the local dealership.

There they were. Four of them. Tops down. Sitting like a flock of perched falcons ready for flight. “I want the black one with the chrome rims,” I told the salesman.

“Oh, that’s the GST. T for turbo,” he said.

"ooooo, turbo."

It ended up being about twice as much as I wanted to spend but I found that by adding my budgets for auto, entertainment, and food, it was affordable.

I instantly fell in love when I first saw it about 5 years ago when I was about 20. I went out clubin and there was one parked all the way in front of the parking lot, since valle drivers park the late models on front. I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!" as it looked at me with a frown. I immediatly had to look into buying one. It was like meeting a thawm girl you know.

My passion for Dsm's started in 1990 my sisters friend had a brand new Talon turbo right off the lot he took me for a spin and i've been wideopen every since. Then in 1996 i bought my first Dsm which was 1991 Laser Rs n/t auto i drove it stock for a few years it seemed pretty fast then oneday i stopped at a local speed shop and went crazy my mod's was a Pacesetter header,K&n filter,full 3-inch exhaust,accel 8mm wires spilt fire plugs(don't ask me why but i had them LOL!!!!) my most recent Dsm is a 1991 Talon turbo 5-speed with mod's that i bought last spring and now i'm hooked like a alcoholic and a bottle of whisky i don't think i'll ever look at another V-8 car in my life all Props to Diamond Star Motors

I fall in and out of love with DSMs almost daily. So I doubt I could pinpoint all the dates/times.

Tom

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back