The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wheel fitment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E gsx

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Would a 17x7.5+48 rub on a 225/45/17? Or would a 17x7+45 be a better wheel to pair with it?

Not at all. I’ve ran 17x7 +40 with 225/45r17, 17x8 +38 with 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on a 17x9+35 neither have had issue. Your offset is a little high for what I’d like in a fitment but should clear just fine.

I've ran Stealth wheels (17x8.5" +46ET) with 225/50/17 tires on my 2G way back and there was more or less a pinky or half a pinky left between the tire's outer edge and the knuckle.

Your setup wont be as close to the knuckle, so it 100% wont rub. However, you might rub out your fender liners, specifically the areas which sit directly in front of the front tires. During heavy cornering the car leans so much that the tires contact the lining. At least it was in my case.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back