The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Wheel Fitment Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol_Sti_

Probationary Member
Apr 18, 2019
Toronto, ON_Canada
I need help picking the right offset for my Eagle Talon Tsi 95, at the moment my eyes are set on the Konig Dekagram 17x9 +25 and the tires I'm going to run Is Toyo ra1 255/40R17. Is this going fit without doing major fender modification and yes I am okay with roll the fenders as well also I forgot the mention I have BC coilovers with a inch drop at the moment, I plan to do autoX days with this setup.

Thanks for the help & leave tips as well

Et25 may mean the front sticks out ever so slightly.

I used to run 255 tires on a 8.5" wheel et36 and it was on the edge of the fender with a smidge or poke. Yours will now be +6mm for the width and then another 5.5mm sticking out so overall 11.5mm more then what i had. Its workable and as you dont mind the rolling you will be ok.

No other issues will be an issue for you as your not wide enough to get the current issues tuat come eith wider wheels

Et25 may mean the front sticks out ever so slightly.

I used to run 255 tires on a 8.5" wheel et36 and it was on the edge of the fender with a smidge or poke. Yours will now be +6mm for the width and then another 5.5mm sticking out so overall 11.5mm more then what i had. Its workable and as you dont mind the rolling you will be ok.

No other issues will be an issue for you as your not wide enough to get the current issues tuat come eith wider wheels

I don’t mind a little bit of poke in the front but not too much. Thank you for information and helping this is my first time buying wheels in general so I’m happy you help me and for the tip. Happy New Years to you

I plan to do autoX days with this setup.

If you're serious about Autcross, I may suggest checking out the classing for the group/organization you plan you plan to participate in before pulling the trigger on your tire/wheel choice. Classing will have limits on wheel/tire size. Just something to consider.

It will change based on how much negative camber you will be running. I Run 255/40r17 with a 17x9 +35 and my fronts stick out about 3/8” or so. Add another half in to that for you. I do not run a lot of negative camber because I’m trying to keep as much grip as I can being fwd. you will not stick out as far the more negative camber you are running. Personally I think a +35 offset would be better but you can get the +25 to work with some fender modification.

If you're serious about Autcross, I may suggest checking out the classing for the group/organization you plan you plan to participate in before pulling the trigger on your tire/wheel choice. Classing will have limits on wheel/tire size. Just something to consider.
I will double check the classes I want to sign up for and make sure i meet the requirements. Thanks for the tip appreciate it

It will change based on how much negative camber you will be running. I Run 255/40r17 with a 17x9 +35 and my fronts stick out about 3/8” or so. Add another half in to that for you. I do not run a lot of negative camber because I’m trying to keep as much grip as I can being fwd. you will not stick out as far the more negative camber you are running. Personally I think a +35 offset would be better but you can get the +25 to work with some fender modification.
Well I have two options with this wheel for offset is either +40 or +25 so its hard to pick which one will work and look good on the car. Which one would you pick and why ?

With a 255/40r17 the +40 will most likely run on the knuckle so unless you were comfortable grinding into the knuckle to clearance the tire I would say the +25 would be your better option.

With a 255/40r17 the +40 will most likely run on the knuckle so unless you were comfortable grinding into the knuckle to clearance the tire I would say the +25 would be your better option.
Lol yeah I don't want to grind my knuckle so I will go 17x9+25 :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I just went out and took pictures for reference for you. This is with a 17x9 +35 255/40r17 Toyo R1R. First picture is clearance on the rear knuckle. Second picture is the front.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back