The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

wheel fitment help (stance)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips000

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
kalkaska, Michigan
ok, Im looking to get a better stance with my 1ga talon. I am not really sure what I need. I am lowered on eibach prokit springs 1". I would love to have a nicer stance. My front wheels are about flush with the body as it is. My rears seem like they are sunk in a lot. I think the rims are 16x7.5 or 16x8 and the tires are 205/50/16. Im not looking to go down another 6 inches, Im not looking to stretch my tires so that if I hit a rock I will die. Nothing dangerous, just look a little more agressive.

I think i need 1/2" spacers on the rear and I have a set of 8mm spacers I might put on the front.

Here it is how it sits,

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

judging by the picture what do you think?

Plans (please add input):
-lower the front another 1/2"
- 1/2" (??) wheel spacers on the rear
- 8mm spacers on the front
- alignment with SLIGHT negative camber ( nothing stupid or dangerous)

This is the look im going for without spending $2k or wheels/tires/suspension.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1181/1112673126_ec0609e8f8_o.jpg

Get some wheels, the only way to go.

Stance = concave face, flush to the fender, meaty tires, as close to 0 camber as possible without rubbing.

1) If you wanna use spacers you need elongated wheel studs, if not you are just gonna go kill yourself. 2) You are decreasing the performance of you car with spacers (weight) and/or not giving any more contact path,
if you can give me the exact measurements of you rims (16x7 or 16x8) i can tell you 205 don't belong in there, you need a wider tire, instead of the 8mm spacer, and freaking VW style 1/2 inch spacer.

Kidtsi your car looks sick, I'm probably going to end up going with bigger tires then.

I got some new wheels and tires, 225/45/17 I got them for a steal of a deal. The offset sucks though :(

I'd like to put small spacers on and 235/45/17 tires, they are so close to rubbing the front strut right now it sucks. The rears have 8mm spacers right now. It handles like a dream though!

Last edited:
That's not really "stance" at all and putting 235 width tires on an 8" wheel will make it even less so.

If they stuck out a little further I would be happy with the "stance"

My advice is to lower the front end 1.5'' and raise the rear of the car 1.0-1.5''
This will give you more stance than any wheel/tire combo you can bolt-on at the moment.
I thhink the new wheels/tires will look better if the car sat higher out back and lower up front.

My $.02

My advice is to lower the front end 1.5'' and raise the rear of the car 1.0-1.5''
This will give you more stance than any wheel/tire combo you can bolt-on at the moment.
I thhink the new wheels/tires will look better if the car sat higher out back and lower up front.

My $.02

Yeah, I dont have coilovers though so I would have to cut springs, I planned on cutting half a coil off the front springs but any more than that and Im thinking the ride would blow. I live in BFE with potholes the size of small children.

ProTip: Stop buying things that don't achieve your goal. ;)

A nice set of GC coilovers and AGXs would help the ride height "issue" that ProKits have, in that they make the front look higher. A "decent" set of knockoffs and tires in 17" won't be expensive.

What WILL get expensive is buying the wrong parts over and over.

ProTip: Stop buying things that don't achieve your goal. ;)

A nice set of GC coilovers and AGXs would help the ride height "issue" that ProKits have, in that they make the front look higher. A "decent" set of knockoffs and tires in 17" won't be expensive.

What WILL get expensive is buying the wrong parts over and over.

AGX's and knock off wheels are all the wrong parts though? ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back