The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Wheel Color Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laika

Probationary Member
Jun 6, 2019
Dundee, Oregon
Hi everyone. I want to practice spray painting before I attempt another project on my drift car and noticed that the Evo 8 wheels on my DSM are not looking too hot after the previous owner's plastidip job. So the question at this point is what color to choose. If anyone has any pictures of their black 1Gs with similar repainted wheels or general opinions I would love to hear it. Thinking of either sticking with silver or going with gold or bronze. I attached a picture of the car in question.

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_151101.jpg
    IMG_20200428_151101.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 38
I don't know how you feel about the blacked out aesthetic, but I think gunmetal wheels could look really good on a black 1g. Otherwise I'd personally stick with silver.

Here is what they would look like bronze.. This is as close to bronze as I could get.. What other color would you like to see
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Wow, thanks! What did you use to do that so quickly? I'd also be interested in seeing a brighter gold and gunmetal like randman suggested

I rattled can my wheels and it was a pita to get even clear since you have all different angles. Spray gun would help imo. Had my buddy mount new tires and it did chip in a few spots. I used Ford silver and the black ones were power coated

The program I use to change the wheel color is Paint.net which is free.. Go ahead and download Paint.net.. Once you are use to the controls you will see how easy it really is...

Fords hypersilver would look good on a black car. Honestly in my opinion bright colors or black on black looks like something a highschooler would do with their first pizza delivery paycheck.

Rally gold would also look good.

Fords hypersilver would look good on a black car. Honestly in my opinion bright colors or black on black looks like something a highschooler would do with their first pizza delivery paycheck.

Rally gold would also look good.

I agree with this!!
-Khabib Nurmagomedov

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back