The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Wheel bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I re-read this thread after having performed my first hub replacement last weekend. I'm glad I didn't read it before starting the job. Damn, some of you guys had a hard time of it!

I bought a hub puller from an ebay vendor, they're going for about $50 these days. The "hub puller," a seriously heavy-duty piece of hardware, separated the axles from the hubs so easily, I wasn't sure it was really necessary. It did not, however, help me pull the hubs, as the name would imply. A standard BFH was required for that, but it only took a few minutes on the back side of each hub to pop them out.

To satisfy my curiosity, and maybe help out people needing to replace hubs in the future, has anyone had a hard time separating the axles while using a hub puller?

Wret, do you have a pic of the puller you got? I'd be interested to know what to look for when I go shopping for a puller. Thanks!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, good thread with great info. I have a bad wheel bearing that is going to require replacement by my mechanic. Any idea how much parts and labor should be for One rear wheel bearing replacement? Thanks, Chris

BTW, the hub assembly w/ wheel bearing in their cost me $212 for P&L.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back