The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What's your setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97DSModded

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 25, 2010
Marion, Virginia
I'm just curious to see what kind of setups that you guys have on this site! This goes for anyone, either N/T or turbo. Just like to see what everyone else is running with :hellyeah:

Here's mine:
6 bolt engine being bored and honed
ACL bearings
9:1 compression Wiseco .30 over pistons
Eagle Rods
BC Springs and Retainers
FP2 cams
ARP head studs
FP3065 turbo with 40mm Tial wastegate
Aeromotive fuel rail and AFPR
Rewired Walbro 255 fuel pump
Greddy FMIC
Greddy EBC Profec B-Spec II
ACT single disc with 2600 lb plate
Sheppard Tranny
DSMlink V3lite
Switching from MAF to Speed Density

This goes for anyone, either N/T or 4g63.

This may just be me... >> But I'm pretty sure there is a such thing as a N/T 4G63.

;P You mean N/T or Turbo, correct?

This may just be me... >> But I'm pretty sure there is a such thing as a N/T 4G63.

;P You mean N/T or Turbo, correct?

LOL yeah you're right. That's what I meant, yes :thumb:

I should've known that, because we are using the N/T 4g63 6 bolt block for my build LOL

LOL yeah you're right. That's what I meant, yes :thumb:

I should've known that, because we are using the N/T 4g63 6 bolt block for my build LOL

Whaaa, No oil squirters?!

xD Kidding, not about to get into that... it's tossed around so much that you need them...

Anyway, carry on!! I may post mine soon... wait.. Here's mine.

Stock

;D

That's the reason we all have our vehicle listed below our name/avatarLOL Just try it;) You can click on mine and it will tell you everything I've done.

That's the reason we all have our vehicle listed below our name/avatarLOL Just try it;) You can click on mine and it will tell you everything I've done.

Well I figured it would be easier to post a thread and see people's setups rather than click on everyone's individual name :p LOL. Figured that might be easier to do...plus I'd like to chat and have some interaction with a few of the members. I'm always up for talking about DSM's :thumb:

Well I figured it would be easier to post a thread and see people's setups rather than click on everyone's individual name :p LOL. Figured that might be easier to do...plus I'd like to chat and have some interaction with a few of the members. I'm always up for talking about DSM's :thumb:

I agree! Nothing wrong with interaction! ;D So I'll be sporting and start asking questions!

What was your reasoning in choosing the 2600 over the 2100 ACT? ;3

I agree! Nothing wrong with interaction! ;D So I'll be sporting and start asking questions!

What was your reasoning in choosing the 2600 over the 2100 ACT? ;3

That's what came with the car actually LOL. I bought it back in July off of a guy from this forum. Boostdclipse99 is his name I think. What's wrong with the 2600? I thought the only reason people went with the 2100 is so they didn't put so much pressure on the crank in the 7 bolts

That's what came with the car actually LOL. I bought it back in July off of a guy from this forum. Boostdclipse99 is his name I think. What's wrong with the 2600? I thought the only reason people went with the 2100 is so they didn't put so much pressure on the crank in the 7 bolts

Hm? Oh, nothing is wrong with it. I, personally, am running a 2100 because I'm not looking to run 500+ AWHP.

I was just making conversation over it. ;P Seeing what thought process you used when picking a Clutch Setup.

Have you, personally, done any work to the car?

Hm? Oh, nothing is wrong with it. I, personally, am running a 2100 because I'm not looking to run 500+ AWHP.

I was just making conversation over it. ;P Seeing what thought process you used when picking a Clutch Setup.

Have you, personally, done any work to the car?

Yeah, I had to replace the front casing on the engine. The nut on the oil gear sprocket backed off and ran into my lower timing cover, chewing up the cover and the timing belt. That is one job I NEVER want to do again! :notgood:

Other than that, all I have done is replaced gaskets, other routine maintainence and changed the crank sensor. The 7 bolt that I have now (which crankwalked) broke the sensor, so I just said screw it and went with a 6 bolt build

I installed the 255 also, but that's not really difficult at all LOL

Yeah, I had to replace the front casing on the engine. The nut on the oil gear sprocket backed off and ran into my lower timing cover, chewing up the cover and the timing belt. That is one job I NEVER want to do again! :notgood:

Other than that, all I have done is replaced gaskets, other routine maintainence and changed the crank sensor. The 7 bolt that I have now (which crankwalked) broke the sensor, so I just said screw it and went with a 6 bolt build

I installed the 255 also, but that's not really difficult at all LOL

I assume you DIDN'T remove the timing cover while in the car? It's such a PITA... >_>

How muhc power you looking for? ;D

I assume you DIDN'T remove the timing cover while in the car? It's such a PITA... >_>

How muhc power you looking for? ;D

I had to unfortunately :(. I had two jackstands and 2 jacks at my disposal. Alift and a cherry picker would've been GREAT...but I guess you have to work with what you have sometimes.

The guy that is building my engine says I should see 500whp at 25 psi with this turbo. I probably won't run that much boost unless I have race gas, get an E85 tune, or run meth. I think 20 psi will be plenty for a DD, then crank it up to 25psi at the track :thumb:

I just hope the 255 will hold up when I start running close to 500whp, but then again that much power is a waste on a FWD without slicks. No point in running that much otherwise

I had to unfortunately :(. I had two jackstands and 2 jacks at my disposal. Alift and a cherry picker would've been GREAT...but I guess you have to work with what you have sometimes.

The guy that is building my engine says I should see 500whp at 25 psi with this turbo. I probably won't run that much boost unless I have race gas, get an E85 tune, or run meth. I think 20 psi will be plenty for a DD, then crank it up to 25psi at the track :thumb:

I just hope the 255 will hold up when I start running close to 500whp, but then again that much power is a waste on a FWD without slicks. No point in running that much otherwise

With the right suspension setup and tune, FWDs are capable of holding it pretty well.

But think about this... when are you ever going to need 25 PSI just driving about? Hell, no one in my town can push over 5PSI on thier "Badass Ebay Turbo setup"

xD I'm content with my 14 PSI...

But I feel your pain. I'm abotu to set my timing belt and such with the engine in my car. I'm doing a little bit of a no-no and rebuilding witht eh block still in the car, however, I'm making sure to take my time and do it correctly. Doing timing while it's in the car is just.. ridiculous. D; I don't have any Jackstands at the present. Need to pick some up soon.

Just fail? Think you can elaborate on that a little more?

With the right suspension setup and tune, FWDs are capable of holding it pretty well.

But think about this... when are you ever going to need 25 PSI just driving about? Hell, no one in my town can push over 5PSI on thier "Badass Ebay Turbo setup"

xD I'm content with my 14 PSI...

But I feel your pain. I'm abotu to set my timing belt and such with the engine in my car. I'm doing a little bit of a no-no and rebuilding witht eh block still in the car, however, I'm making sure to take my time and do it correctly. Doing timing while it's in the car is just.. ridiculous. D; I don't have any Jackstands at the present. Need to pick some up soon.

Yeah definitely! That's what I had to do, and had to have 2 other people help me put it on. The exhaust cam gear kept trying to shift off the mark, so I had to get someone to hold that in place, and someone help me slide it on through the bottom...such a pain :mad:

17psi on the big 16g made quite a bit of power, and I thought that it pulled hard then LOL. Can't wait to see what this new turbo is gonna do

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back