The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What's your "sell it now" price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not actually all that high, but listing it high AF and making people rage on FB is just too much fun to resist.

Edit: well that backfired spectacularly. Dude dropped by and paid me full asking price. Now I’m wondering if I should’ve listed it higher.

Edit #2: got a dude so mad over the price and the fact that it sold for full price, he’s trying to report the post to get it deleted. Ahahahahaha. LOL
Wow it sold fast too! The drama on those fb groups is unreal.

Wow it sold fast too! The drama on those fb groups is unreal.

You ain’t lying. I knew what I was getting into before I even listed so I was just sitting back and enjoying it. When guy started following me to other groups saying how NOT mad he was, I about died. That combined with him getting his brother involved had tears in my eyes. Thankfully I wasn’t around anyone else at work or that would’ve been hard to explain.

I wasn’t straight trolling, but eh. If people got mad I was going to enjoy it.

This year there have already been two 2g gsx that went on bring-a-trailer (or as I like to call it: “ bring your banker”) north of $34k. I like my awd, but for 90%+ of the time it would be hard to tell if only the fronts were making it go. Someone posted a WTB add about a year ago, was looking for a 1g gsx, said “price not an issue”, and so I was curious what that meant. We messaged a little, and I added up my investment ( ballpark $15k), and he said no thanks. That was when I was mostly fixing it, and hardly driving it. Funny how those things are related. Now I’m buzzing up over the Tetons about 4 times a week, and struggling to think of a new car that has the balanced blend of attributes that mine has. Plus driving a classic has some street cred that new cars can’t match.

I priced my 90 GSX at 15k and got flamed by some people on Craigslist that thought that was outrageous, but like you, I just enjoyed the bickering (but did have one person truly interested so I let the ad expire). Whew, I didn't want to sell it anyway.

I priced my 90 GSX at 15k and got flamed by some people on Craigslist that thought that was outrageous, but like you, I just enjoyed the bickering (but did have one person truly interested so I let the ad expire). Whew, I didn't want to sell it anyway.

Exactly the same mindset I had. I really hoped it wouldn’t sell. LOL

I haven’t had mine long enough to add sentimental value but I do like the car a lot. Maybe $4500-$5000 if I had to put a number on it but I usually keep my cars for a while before even considering a sale.

Back in 2019 someone offered me 12k for mine during a dyno day, didn't sell it , a year later I was telling myself my number would be 15k, then someone offered me 15k and I couldn't go through with it, 2 years later someone offered me 22k and I was back and forth with myself like dang that's tempting, then thought about every single thing I've done to my car since like 2013 and still couldn't let it go. Now I made my new number what I believe is unreal but I feel like if someone still offered it my heart would skip a few beats because I'd be torn so much over the idea of selling but the number is 50k and I don't think I'll be getting that anytime soon and that's OK with me LOL

Probably $9500 for my 99 gst. Texas car its whole life, black interior, 155k miles, fully upgraded with ebay performance parts. Paint job is super nice

Think I could get that much, or should I ask for more? Second gen prices seem to be all over the place for front wheel drive

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Probably $9500 for my 99 gst. Texas car its whole life, black interior, 155k miles, fully upgraded with ebay performance parts. Paint job is super nice

Think I could get that much, or should I ask for more? Second gen prices seem to be all over the place for front wheel drive

The nice paint is a big deal for what essentially a toy. If the interior is near as good and all those ebay parts haven’t hurt the driveability, I think that’s an attractive price.

The nice paint is a big deal for what essentially a toy. If the interior is near as good and all those ebay parts haven’t hurt the driveability, I think that’s an attractive price.
I'd love to sell it to some one who realizes that it is a toy, and a 23 year old mitsubishi shouldnt be a commuter car. It needs to pass a few weeks of being my daily driver before I put effort into selling it.

The people who don't own a DSM are usually the saltiest about high asking prices. The people that do own a DSM and love theirs usually should be encouraging higher prices for many reasons. As with anything, it makes them more competitive in the used car market, it makes people who are hoarding lots of DSM related parts willing to start putting them up for sale within the community because "hey maybe I can make a buck or two off these rare parts I have laying around for 20 years" etc. It also makes our cars more noticeable on the market because in search results it would be popping up along the lines of Skylines, Supras, Evos etc. More people would come across them and potentially take interest in buying one.

Personally, my Talon being my #2 dream car, and being my only car as well as a daily for all seasons, I cannot put a price on it. Possibly the only scenario where I might end up selling it is if I won the Green Card lottery and wanted to sell all my possessions here so I could move to the US (and then buy at least 5 more DSMs of course). The car to my eyes has been tastefully modded but still needs rocker panel rust repair and a paint job. Another thing to keep in mind is at least in my country it is THE ONLY factory full optioned 2GB Talon TSi AWD, which naturally makes it even more rare around these parts. However, even if I listed it for say, $15k, nobody here would pay close to that. I would have to list it in Germany or something if I want to get my asking price. So at this point it's not worth selling even if I wanted to.

Think it’ll sell quick for $9.5. I would list at $15k. Texas + clean black interior + good paint = ^$

I'm almost positive I saw you toss this out for sale once on FB and I mean.. for what's done to it I think it's probably one of the few well worth that price. Absolutely beautiful car.
I threw it on there about 2 years ago for $15k with a few less parts and only had 1 actual person interested.

NOT FOR SALE!
But I guess if someone won the lotto and had money to pay me out for 3 years of my life building this 4G63LUV (still an ongoing project). I would say $50k (dreaming of course), reasonably would be $25K (maybe LOL).

I threw it on there about 2 years ago for $15k with a few less parts and only had 1 actual person interested.
As worth it as it would be IMO it's also kind of niche being that well.. it's pretty much done. And you've made it very much yours with all the work and money you've got into it. If someone else were to have an interest and have it be worth the price to them I think they'd have to buy it and enjoy it just as it sits.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back