The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What's your "sell it now" price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned4g63

Proven Member
May 1, 2017
Pasadena, Maryland
Walking out from lunch to head back to work today and this was the question I was asked getting back into my car. I have been playing with the idea of selling my GST so I'm giving it some good thought but know I'm going to regret it to some degree. Told the guy I had no idea what I'd ask and he threw out 6500.. a nice 2100 more then what I bought it for in 2015 but for twice the mileage, 1 accident, and a tree branch to the trunk later plus all the age and mile related issues. Gotta say I'm really considering it.. I'll still have my GSX but a new car does sound really nice. I'm torn so give me your $0.02 and let me know what's YOUR "sell it now" price?

If the enthusiasm is gone, the price exists. I'm at the point where I've owned the car for nearly 15 years, and I'll be so deep into it financially when it's finally done, that I don't think that there is an offer that would do it. It's my car. You can't really put a price on your soul unless you're backed into a corner or have a ruthless wife.

If the enthusiasm is gone, the price exists. I'm at the point where I've owned the car for nearly 15 years, and I'll be so deep into it financially when it's finally done, that I don't think that there is an offer that would do it. It's my car. You can't really put a price on your soul unless you're backed into a corner or have a ruthless wife.
Well said. Not that I've lost interest in the car or the enthusiasm but I've never owner anything newer then 98 and I haven't got much into the car that really makes it uniquely mine. I've done extensive repairs due to an accident and have more sentiment in it then having "built" it myself, but on the other hand having been in an accident.. I'm not sure how many of these offers I'll get.

Looks like your wanting a new car LOL, if that’s what you feel just do it ,sell and use those funds towards the next car of your choice.
It's a bit of a double edge. I could afford a new car but don't have much of a down payment at this time. Selling one of my DSMs would certainly help with that but it's not totally necessary with a little patience. Plus I can't imagine I'd drive 3 cars regularly enough to justify keeping them all so even if I kept the GST I think I'd be more inclined to sell it after having purchased a new car anyways. But then what's to say I'd be able to get what this mans offering from someone down the road?

What's done to your car and what would your "sell it now" price be?

New cars are over rated. And overpriced lately. They make good daily drivers, but you’ll be bored and dsm shopping again in a couple years. So keeping the gsx is a good idea for sure!

My sell it now price would be something that no one would offer me. Something like 7k or better- that wouldn’t take much more to upgrade me to a gsx.

Last edited:
Its a GST, sell it and keep the $ for a good GSX ;)

Well... question for me is: do you like the GSX enough to keep it for a good, long time? If so, consider keeping the GST. It can be a source of cheap (free) parts, especially in a time when our parts are hard to come by. Use it as a cann car so you can keep the GSX on the road while waiting to find the broken part. Also, the value of the GST will continue to increase over time.

New cars are over rated. And overpriced lately. They make good daily drivers, but you’ll be bored and dsm shopping again in a couple years. So keeping the gsx is a good idea for sure!

My sell it now price would be something that no one would offer me. Something like 7k or better- that wouldn’t take much more to upgrade me to a gsx.
I agree with that on new cars, and I do expect it to be less entertaining but I am so ready to just not have to worry about what near 30 year old part it'll need next I haven't already replaced. Much less on 2.. but that's almost what he's offering and that's not inuding my AWD swap I have for it in storage which he also wants.

Its a GST, sell it and keep the $ for a good GSX ;)
Nice and simple, I like it! Maybe a GSX I can drive around town.. LOL

Well... question for me is: do you like the GSX enough to keep it for a good, long time? If so, consider keeping the GST. It can be a source of cheap (free) parts, especially in a time when our parts are hard to come by. Use it as a cann car so you can keep the GSX on the road while waiting to find the broken part. Also, the value of the GST will continue to increase over time.
The GSX is going to be my first big project car that will take me quite some time to get used to with the power it'll be making. I do intend to have it for a while or until it scares me enough to get rid of it LOL. But is also not something I can drive around town much less daily without having to worry about being pulled over, to that effect will be a weekend track car and I wouldn't shy away from things that are more custom instead of oem. Ofcourse being able to let the GST sit and use parts for the GSX would all bank on not needing either for a ride to work.

Caveat to all this is I pay for a storage space for my GSX as I don't have room to park it at home. Its a bit congested so I'd need a bigger space for both DSMs to be stored. The GST I think may also have minor strut tower damage from the accident and he didn't seem to care.

Then it sounds like you could use the cash, either for the GSX or a different daily.

New cars suck, man. I love my edge. It’s comfortable, it rips(12’s in a heavy crossover pig suv rips idc what anyone says), but nothing replaces the DSM. It’s nice for a daily but once they’re out of warranty the dumbest f*****g things are expensive. Plastic intake tube that broke a nipple off? $350. Plastic gloss black trim piece for the sunroof? $350 a piece(there are six pieces). Third brake light? Gotta pay $600 for a whole new spoiler. Extended warranties are amazing but they don’t cover everything, and it gets old fast. Lol.

I’d honestly just keep the dsm or buy a ‘95 Honda Civic that’s been unmolested and just drive the shit out of it. Fix it with $10 and some gum and it go another 300k miles.

Not to mention car payments and insurance is effing ridiculous.

New cars suck, man. I love my edge. It’s comfortable, it rips(12’s in a heavy crossover pig suv rips idc what anyone says), but nothing replaces the DSM. It’s nice for a daily but once they’re out of warranty the dumbest f*****g things are expensive. Plastic intake tube that broke a nipple off? $350. Plastic gloss black trim piece for the sunroof? $350 a piece(there are six pieces). Third brake light? Gotta pay $600 for a whole new spoiler. Extended warranties are amazing but they don’t cover everything, and it gets old fast. Lol.

I’d honestly just keep the dsm or buy a ‘95 Honda Civic that’s been unmolested and just drive the shit out of it. Fix it with $10 and some gum and it go another 300k miles.

Not to mention car payments and insurance is effing ridiculous.
Oh trust me I know, I am the one person that does body shop orders for Ford and Hyundai at my dealer. Mirrors are 600-900, headlights and taillights sometimes are 700 and sometimes are 1300. Prices are going up while quality is going down.. then ofcourse you have to worry about if it's even available. I can't get brake rotors for F150s right now, backorder with no ETA and they're 80-150 a pop. I got ceramic carbon fiber brake pads and drilled, slotted, and vented rotors for like 300 all around on the DSM..

Oh trust me I know, I am the one person that does body shop orders for Ford and Hyundai at my dealer. Mirrors are 600-900, headlights and taillights sometimes are 700 and sometimes are 1300. Prices are going up while quality is going down.. then ofcourse you have to worry about if it's even available. I can't get brake rotors for F150s right now, backorder with no ETA and they're 80-150 a pop. I got ceramic carbon fiber brake pads and drilled, slotted, and vented rotors for like 300 all around on the DSM..

I need rotors soon for the edge and I hope to god they’re not the same as the f150’s. Lol.

But seriously. Find something older and more inexpensive to fix.

This guys persistent, called me about 5:30 as I'm parking out front of my house coming home from work last night and asked to come look at it today with his son. So I said why not, we talked a bit and got to some numbers.. after a little bit of local research I came up with 8k including the AWD swap I have for it and all of my spare parts in storage save for a few things I want to keep for the GSX. He said it was workable but haven't gone to negotiate just yet..

I've bought 2 new cars. Last one was a 2016 golf GTI, awesome car that was very comfortable and a lot of fun. But with in a year I wished I'd have kept my mk6 golf TDI instead. It might have had something to do with the fact the first 5 month of GTI ownership I didn't even have the car because of warranty work, then the lot tech using it to learn standard in and crashing into a garbage bin can fighting with the dealership to actually paint it right etc buutt..........The TDI wasn't as modern or comfy but I actually liked it better, less nanny features keeping you from having fun and being a diesel gate car VW would have paid me to keep it LOL and the fuel economy.....man it was nice. Made me buy a mk4 golf tdi for $900, put 2k into it and love every minute of it. Never buying a gas vw again haha. Moral of the story "new" cars aren't all they're cracked up to be.....especially now with the crazy prices.
I ended up selling my minty 1gb talon last fall because of bankruptcy and it plucked a few heart strings watching it go especially when i seen it again 2 months back looking terrible and the passenger rear quarter destroyed. Then again I've sold 3 other dsm's in the last 2 years and never cared because I was sick of working on them.....its a crap shoot.

My sell it now price? Death. Or the car being destroyed completely. That's pretty unhelpful to you though LOL
Well.. it does make it easier to consider selling because it was in an accident and I replaced the apron. Could always try to find a another clean DSM down the road that wasn't chopped.

My sell it now price? Death. Or the car being destroyed completely. That's pretty unhelpful to you though LOL
This was my approach in 2018 when getting into a CTSV was heavy on my mind. The spyder had just gotten to be too impractical and too "race car-y" for me to really enjoy on the street anymore. For the turnkey 500whp awd spyder I put a 10,000$ tag on it. Absolutely no interest. I ultimately had to part the car out. I ended up selling the roller on my birthday in '19. Was pretty bitter sweet. If I recall I ended up getting something like 8500-9000 total for everything once was all said and done. Matter of fact I JUST sold my final part of the car this past May.

3500$ it would be much more if it didn't need tlc that I cant give it with my injury
Yeah see my GST as my daily has a longer list of needs then my GSX. All small items but my GSX only needs to have the clean injectors put back in and a tune. GST needs an alternator, control arm, tie rod ends, rear tires brakes and rotors, rust fixed on the hatch around the window, cracked spoiler, has a black hood and fender from an accident in 2019 and needed a new apron.. probably forgetting some LOL

Id sacrifice the fwd for the gsx. I dalied mine for almost a decade
Yeah see my GST as my daily has a longer list of needs then my GSX. All small items but my GSX only needs to have the clean injectors put back in and a tune. GST needs an alternator, control arm, tie rod ends, rear tires brakes and rotors, rust fixed on the hatch around the window, cracked spoiler, has a black hood and fender from an accident in 2019 and needed a new apron.. probably forgetting some LOL

I dont think I could ever sell mine, i worked too long on it and built alot of it up myself from scratch so the cost is not worth it. i look at these every time and they still make me smile and i love the shape and curves! while i love my modern daily its noway near as much fun as the racecar is, well if it was cooler inside sure but even then its a great car. i would love another 2GB as a mild build and keep AC etc and use it for cruising around,

I got a 1G but i got to work on that to get it moving properly but that can become the cruiser once i figure out the issues and got some time to spend on it

Not actually all that high, but listing it high AF and making people rage on FB is just too much fun to resist.

Edit: well that backfired spectacularly. Dude dropped by and paid me full asking price. Now I’m wondering if I should’ve listed it higher.

Edit #2: got a dude so mad over the price and the fact that it sold for full price, he’s trying to report the post to get it deleted. Ahahahahaha. LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back