The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What's Your Favorate Parts Store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourgsixthree33

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2010
Athens, Pennsylvania
Like the title says, what is your favorate parts store? And why? I like Advance Auto. They usually have everything I need in stock and if they dont, it's there by the next morning. When I have questions, they go to the next step to get my answers. Their parts are dependable and are what I need.

AutoZone, is completly different. Just the opposite of Advance (in my area). The guys are dicks, never have anything in stock and it takes for ever to get them, half the time they are the wrong parts, and their parts are shit.

Napa, is a good place to go for certain things. They are cheap. For example, an O Ring for the coolant crossover pipe is over 4 bucks at Advance. At Napa it is just over a buck. Crazy. To me, they are like a discount parts store. Has its ups and downs.

Advance, Napa, and AutoZone, are the only parts stores around here. Litteraly in an hours radius. It's pathetic. Near my moms, there is a Pep-Boys. I like that place as well.

So, where do you guys and gals shop??

oreillys,autozone,napa,advance auto anywhere that sells the part i need for the lowest price

I like that answer!! In my hometown in Wi, I used to use Bumper to bumper. But since Ive been living in California Ive only got Napa, Kragen or AutoZone.

When I lived in Virginia I would always shop at Advance but where I live now we don't have Advance. I primarily shop at Auto Zone now since they seem to be everywhere and I won't lose my warranties if I move again. I've been shopping OEM Mitsubishi more and more so I get most of my parts from JNZ Tuning or Extreme PSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there was a better variety of parts stores near me. I have literally never been to an O' Reilly's. Come to think of it, I dont think I have ever even seen one...I never have of it till DSMtuners. Everyone kept talking about O' Reilly's and I eventually searched it up. Sad thing.

My favorite parts store is my DSM friends.
They always have everything I need when in a bind. :thumb:

+2 on O'Reillys. At least here where I live. They seem to be way more knowledgable and overall would just rather do business there. At Autozone, they always seem to question everything they do. Only thing Autozone has done good for me is borrowing their OBD2 scanner:thumb:

+2 on O'Reillys. At least here where I live. They seem to be way more knowledgable and overall would just rather do business there. At Autozone, they always seem to question everything they do. Only thing Autozone has done good for me is borrowing their OBD2 scanner:thumb:

You cant even scan your own car at Autozone, they have to come do it for you!
ftl.

LOL. Yeah you can?! I do it everytime it needs to be scanned.. They have NEVER been the one to scan my car

Well whenever I see someones car getting scanned they always do it for them.
Thats why I go to Oreillys.

If its not a part I prefer to be OEM I always use my NAPA.

My local NAPA is great, I know all the guys there and they always have everything in stock from water pumps to any misc. gaskets at the best prices. They even give me discounts since I used to work for a dealership that they dealt with occasionally. They've earned my business for life.

If its not a part I prefer to be OEM I always use my NAPA.

My local NAPA is great, I know all the guys there and they always have everything in stock from water pumps to any misc. gaskets at the best prices. They even give me discounts since I used to work for a dealership that they dealt with occasionally. They've earned my business for life.

Napa is a great store to go to, but usually they are more expensive on some stuff I need, and other times they are cheaper. Just a hit and miss I guess.

God Tier: Vendors on this site, RockAuto
High Tier: Advance Auto
Low Tier: Autozone
Crap Tier: Pep Boys, NAPA

RockAuto always has good prices, but it usually takes 2-3 days to get the park. Same with the vendors.
Advance usually has the parts in stock, but they cost more. I used to live near one where the assistant manager owned a DSM. He kept all those oddball parts in stock.
Autozone is hit or miss at best. Usually more expensive than Advance for what I need.
Pep Boys and NAPA almost never have the parts I need.

extremepsi.com

Fast Shipping, Competitive Prices, Never beaten!

ok lets clear things up I work at Oreillys we garantee the lowest price if you found something cheaper they will match it period if they say no then you could probably getthem fired thats how hell bent they are there. before Oreillys i worked at napa there alittle different they have alittle more sence for heavy equipt. and over the road trucks. Auto Zone is aimed at accesories, and ricin shit out. i dont know about advance auto we dont have them here. as far as bumper to bumper, checker, CSK and one more i cant think of they have mostly been bought out by Oreillys (Ozark Mountian Distributing). when it comes to part quality all the house brand is the same Period thats it. for example a tie rod end in the house brand from auto zone is the same as the one from napa. same with name brand stuff if you look hard enough a copyright will show who made it. if you dont believe then take a look i bet that about 75 percent of the things in the Oriellys is made by federal Mogle which isnt a bad thing. the best thing to look at when buying something is price to warranty. pay 5 more bucks for lifetime warranty..... hell yeah i will. haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back