The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What's up with TMZ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
Anyone know what's going on with Tim Zimmer @twicks69 ?

Dudes been super awesome and helpful in the past and suddenly fell if the map. I get he's building a shop and that takes a lot of time but it's over 2 weeks now without a response to email or PM. Never answers the phone either. He's had my trans for almost 4 months still without even a price for everything.

I'm not just some punk either looking to take up his time I've spent close to $1500 with him in parts before this. Getting really frustrated now especially since I can see he's on here several times a week sometimes every day.

Anyone have any similar experiences? I just want To drive my baby again.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not sure if you seen this from his facebook page, but it was written only 4 days ago. I believe you answered your own question, his shop is what's going on with him, nothing more fortunately. Can't blame you for being frustrated from being inconvenienced and wanting your baby back. However, I can also understand him hopping on here briefly once in a while but not taking the additional time to reply to 10 messages a day. He might only be able to use his phone to access tuners right now. Apparently he has his hands full. At least you went through someone with the highest of reputations so you know your not getting ripped off. Hang in there and now at least you know as of 4 days ago he's still kickin', LOL.

Tim has my Evo transmission right now and I'm still waiting on him to put together a parts list. I didn't realize how swamped he was with the new shop construction so that's helpful to know. I noticed he referenced TRE in that post but I have attempted to contact them twice recently via their website and never got any response from them. Tim has always been good about responding to my messages, even now while he is super busy.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not sure if you seen this from his facebook page, but it was written only 4 days ago. I believe you answered your own question, his shop is what's going on with him, nothing more fortunately. Can't blame you for being frustrated from being inconvenienced and wanting your baby back. However, I can also understand him hopping on here briefly once in a while but not taking the additional time to reply to 10 messages a day. He might only be able to use his phone to access tuners right now. Apparently he has his hands full. At least you went through someone with the highest of reputations so you know your not getting ripped off. Hang in there and now at least you know as of 4 days ago he's still kickin', LOL.
Thank you I haven't seen that. I didn't know just how busy he was with the shop. Didn't know his phone still doesn't work. That all makes sense now. Thanks man!

No problem. I just happened to read his post the other day. Hopefully eases some minds.

Guys, you have to remember, i am a 1-man show. There is no one else helping me. I am building a shop full time. When i get home I take care of my kids until they go to bed, and then I go to the garage and I work on whatever I have to work on to get some sort of forward progress. I work over 100 hours a week doing this.

My phone works now, but I am not answering it unless I know the caller; I simply have my hands full and my ringer off.

My email has over 400 business emails I have to answer.

@Chumpaumpalumpa , your gearset is here; i have had the replacement intermediate shaft, 3rd and 4th gears as well as a welded center differential here for weeks. I have been waiting on a back-ordered hub and slider from Mitsubishi; other than that all the parts are at Mitsu for me to pick up. I can't assemble it without the part so it is my hold up. Keep in mind, I have not given you a total because I don't have the updated cost from Mitsubishi.

@9!'clipseDOHC , your case is done and sitting. Your gearset needs to be torn down fully and inspected; 3rd gear has damage, 3rd needle bearing has damage and 3rd synchro is damaged along with something going on with the 3rd/4th hub and slider; it will not shift into 3rd gear whatsoever. Tabs are broken off the synchro. Yes, I know this takes me only a few minutes to take apart, I will be working on stuff in the garage tomorrow and will try and take it apart and then make an order list.

The only reason I am at home today is because both of my kids are home sick and I'm taking care of them and doing doctor appts, and this stuff.

I am not purposely ducking anyone; especially since I have taken NO MONEY UPFRONT. What am I going to do, hold broken transmission parts for my personal gain? I will get your totals put together when I can. My work computer had a startup BIOS failure and it is on its way out for a hard drive I am suspecting. I am dealing with it, and for the moment I am logged into my wifes work PC.

Guys, you have to remember, i am a 1-man show. There is no one else helping me. I am building a shop full time. When i get home I take care of my kids until they go to bed, and then I go to the garage and I work on whatever I have to work on to get some sort of forward progress. I work over 100 hours a week doing this.

My phone works now, but I am not answering it unless I know the caller; I simply have my hands full and my ringer off.

@Chumpaumpalumpa , your gearset is here; i have had the replacement intermediate shaft, 3rd and 4th gears as well as a welded center differential here for weeks. I have been waiting on a back-ordered hub and slider from Mitsubishi; other than that all the parts are at Mitsu for me to pick up. I can't assemble it without the part so it is my hold up. Keep in mind, I have not given you a total because I don't have the updated cost from Mitsubishi.

@9!'clipseDOHC , your case is done and sitting. Your gearset needs to be torn down fully and inspected; 3rd gear has damage, 3rd needle bearing has damage and 3rd synchro is damaged along with something going on with the 3rd/4th hub and slider; it will not shift into 3rd gear whatsoever. Tabs are broken off the synchro. Yes, I know this takes me only a few minutes to take apart, I will be working on stuff in the garage tomorrow and will try and take it apart and then make an order list.

The only reason I am at home today is because both of my kids are home sick and I'm taking care of them and doing doctor appts, and this stuff.

I am not purposely ducking anyone; especially since I have taken NO MONEY UPFRONT. What am I going to do, hold broken transmission parts for my personal gain? I will get your totals put together when I can. My work computer had a startup BIOS failure and it is on its way out for a hard drive I am suspecting. I am dealing with it, and for the moment I am logged into my wifes work PC.
Yea I never realized he was a one man show with the shop. All makes sense now.

I got stressed out just reading this!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back