The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Whats up everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSI NRG

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
Solon, Ohio
Hey what's goin on everyone! I just recently bought a 96 talon tsi awd and joined this forum. If you all are wondering if its been modded... Yes, it has been...it came with a 6-bolt shep stage 1 tranny, high performance drive alxes, compete first gen motor, brand new act 2100 along with 14b turbo, full 3inch boral borspeed cat back, boost and air fuel gauges. I love it so far just wanted to drop a line, I look forward to learning a lot of stuff bout my new car. Later!

Who would waste money on a Shep Trans when they have the 14b still?

Edit: Not bashing you, just curious as to why the previous owner did this.

Awesome car. I am also new to this forum, as well as to my Talon. I'm a die-hard Corvette fanatic, but I have to say, my Eagle Talon has been crazy-fun. :thumb: I've been VERY surprised at it's performance, price to upgrade, and the vast knowledge that people on this forum possess. You guys have been tons of help.

Corvettes still rank as my favorite, but as far as dollar-per-fun-value, you just can't beat the DSM!

67goatpimp said:

Well my car has basically a TRE tranny. I ordered all the parts from them and put it together myself. It's what happens when you make a one piece 3/4 sleeve into a 13 piece 3/4 sleeve. Plus other random carnage. :thumb:

67goatpimp said:

I bet the car was modded to hell before and the original owner parted out the stuff that was easy to take out and easier to find a stock replacment for.

Thus the reason why there is a built trans,6bolt,and aftermarket exhaust.

But all the fuels stock and no afc or anything and 14b?

Yeah seems like this car was pretty modded at a point and was brought back to stock as much as the orignal owner could to sell it. (you make more money that way ;) )

Oh and by the way welcome to DSMtuners :thumb:

67goatpimp said:

I would.

Just because the trans is from TRE or Shep doesn't mean it has to be built. If you had a stock car and the trans shit the bed, would you pay a local $2k for a transmission and install? Or would you be smart enough to send it out and get a professional that specifically does these transmissions?

It's called "Doing shit right the first time!" :rolleyes:

To the person who asked where solon ohio is its like near hudson, twinsberg, bedford hights, macedonia...

and about the tranny the guy who had it before me had plans to go with a bigger turbo and turn it in to a full out drag car but ran in to finacial problems and the drive train is where he started to mod stuff

as far as fuel goes theres no afc and injectors and fuel pump are stock as far as i know i never really asked him about the fuel

I'm kinda glad the tranny is built though cause from what i have heard that is the most vulnerable place on the car to break so at least this way i wont have to worry about it unless i wanna make some serious power he said it should beable to handle up to about 450 hp which would be pretty sick the car is kinda scary fast as is :thumb:

PSI NRG said:
.....as far as fuel goes theres no afc and injectors and fuel pump are stock as far as i know i never really asked him about the fuel ...

...I'm kinda glad the tranny is built though cause from what i have heard that is the most vulnerable place on the car to break so at least this way i wont have to worry about it ...

You should call the guy and find this out. Will save your wallet in more than one ways.

This is the truth. I bet if we took a poll 80% of the guys on here have either Fixed, repalced, or upgraded thier transmission in some way/form/fashion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back