The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Whats this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtincher22085

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
cylinder 1 messed up it has spark fuel and the piston goes up and sown i pulled the spark plug and it has compression when I fired it up . its leaking oil out the exhaust port cylinder 1 rings? or head gasket? or valve seals? sounds like a rod but it would still run that cylinder correct? heres a video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0o378YIjbU:banghead:

If your oil dipstick popped out and shot that much oil everywhere, is it possible that you ran it basically dry long enough to get a spun bearing? Are you certain you have a leak there, that there is not just alot of oil there because the dipstick is right beside it? You should definitely clean your engine... where is the noise coming from? Hard to tell from the video.

How much boost are you running? Stock motor?

If your car isn't tuned well and you are running very lean at WOT, I would say you melted a piston. I've done it before, the car sounded and ran like a lawnmower. Definitely do a real compression test and post the results.

If your oil dipstick popped out and shot that much oil everywhere, is it possible that you ran it basically dry long enough to get a spun bearing? Are you certain you have a leak there, that there is not just alot of oil there because the dipstick is right beside it? You should definitely clean your engine... where is the noise coming from? Hard to tell from the video.

How much boost are you running? Stock motor?
cylinder one is where the noise is comming from it isn't firing so i am assuming its dead or the rings blew out or i melted it.

I blew a head gasket once had oil all over when i tried to start the car it would pop the dipstick out, when I took the head off I found the piston melted.
I'm in the process of tearing it down i can only work like 1-2 hours at a time so far ive got alot of it done. T belt is next to come off then the intake then the head. so i will find out. of course i will be doing a compression check to verify before I remove the head. I will take pics and post the results to show what not to do to your engine LOL. TUNING is important my BAD

If your car isn't tuned well and you are running very lean at WOT, I would say you melted a piston. I've done it before, the car sounded and ran like a lawnmower. Definitely do a real compression test and post the results.
0 compression on #1, 149 on #2, on 151#3, and 149 on#4

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back