The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What's the weirdest thing you have pulled out of a tire? (Strange story...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2004
D/FW, Texas
So I go down to the garage today to find the rear driver's tire on the Mustang completely flat (*completely* flat). We filled it up with the air compressor and limped down the street to Goodyear to see if it was patchable...The guy comes in with an envelope and demonstrates the culprit -- a key. Yes, there was an ENTIRE KEY of unknown origin inside the tire. It looked like one of those gold keys that you get with a P.O. Box, safe, or mailbox, and the tip was bent where it (looks like) it actually came into contact with the rim.

How this happened is a mystery, but wherever we picked it up, it let the air out *fast* as the tire was full when we pulled into the garage last night. :confused:

I have run over some strange things in my day, but nothing this mysterious. A friend of mine once pulled a shotgun shell from one of his tires, though (LOL)...

So this got me thinking...I can't be the only one that has run over something totally weird.....Anyone else ever found a mysterious object in their tire?

I went over some railroad tracks in an industrial park and had a tire go flat almost instantly. I thought maybe I had blown the bead but when I took the wheel into the tire store they found a 8" long 1/2" diameter aluminum tube with a rounded tip. There was a small hole in the tip of the tube but I have no idea where it came from. I must have hit it just right because it wasn't sharp at all. It even managed to gouge the inside of the wheel a bit.

My dad ran over a racoon in my laser when I first got it. One of the bones, punctured the tire and stuck in it. I guess the air pressure blew out the marrow, because it was partially hollowed out, but blood was all over it and the tire, wheel well, etc.

Claire's key in the tire problem needs its own thread so we can come up with all the different possibilities of how it entered.

No tire stories, I've never even had a tire go flat. ::sacrifices a bottle of mobil 1 to the auto gods::

laserspeeddemon said:
My dad ran over a racoon in my laser when I first got it. One of the bones, punctured the tire and stuck in it. I guess the air pressure blew out the marrow, because it was partially hollowed out, but blood was all over it and the tire, wheel well, etc.

Winner.

I've found two screws in my tires since I've owned my GSX.

TJGoSurf said:
Claire's key in the tire problem needs its own thread so we can come up with all the different possibilities of how it entered.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that out myself. haha. :confused: WTF

Old Mitsu Tech said:
As for me? One side of a pair of pliers. I never found the other side

Wow.....
Just........Wow.

ROFL

When I used to work at Just Tires a Jeep Wrangler came in with a flat tire. I ended up pulling part of a stop sign out of a tire... OMG. Ive pulled from forks to pieces of wood.

I had a flat once. When we aired it up, it went flat within an hour, so we aired it up again and raced to Wal-Mart for the quick fix. (The only thing I'll do Wal-Mart for.) Turned out, I had a pork chop in there. Talk about random! I have no idea. They took a picture of it and hung it on the wall in the shop. This Wal-Mart is in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and also, this story is a joke.

Just your usual nails/screws here.

Saw this on another forum once. I wrench sticking out of a tire, weird. Who knows it could be photoshopped. I'm not hosting the picture so I just stuck a link since it's oversized. Either way it's kind of crazy.

I was following a guy that must of been heading to the dump because he had a truck load of stuff on the back. Anyway the tailgate falls down and like 2 lawnmowers came flying out. I did my best to try to avoid all the debris but I did hit one of the blades. It almost cut my tire in half. My tire went flat instantly.

1. coming back from the mountains one time with some friends they ran over a screwdriver and put it right through their tire.
2. at work i brought in a subaru forestor with a flat. jacked it up, pulled off the wheel. stabbed into the tread and pushing against the other side was a stick about an inch in diameter and like 20 inches long ROFL

Snobordin8 said:
Saw this on another forum once. I wrench sticking out of a tire, weird. Who knows it could be photoshopped. I'm not hosting the picture so I just stuck a link since it's oversized. Either way it's kind of crazy.

Local guy had an even bigger wrench stickin out of his tire. ROFL

Snobordin8 said:

Hey, I was looking for that wrench.:) I had to go buy another 10mm today darnit. Seriously though I have just had the usual nails and bolts.

i worked in a automotive shop and found out why my english teachers tire was flat. no joke guys there was just a hole in the tire, so when i took the tire off to put a patch in it, there was a bic red ball point pen.

We had a guy bring his f-150 in cause of a flat, it ended up being a 13mm craftsman wrench, we showed the guy what was in his tire and he was like "I'm keeping that wrench I can goto Sears for a new one"

Then we had a lady come in with a deer antler stuck in the bumper and part of the hoof in the tire.

I had a part of a razor blade stuck in my tire once.

Maybe someone was cutting a rock while they were driving?

Go figure!

1 - box wrench - I am still using it

2 - teeth of a woodchuck (well after hitting him - he didn't need them anymore

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back