The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good luck on the new car.
There is a way to look and see if the crank is walking.. DSM shop did it when I bought mine, and nothing! Guess its good to buy a STOCk 7 bolt from only 1 previous owner, who you know.

ok but if its dohc isnt it a 4g63? I just remember pushing in the clutch on a stick and left turns on checking crankwalk. I just wanted to know on a auto. On my last 2nd gen I did a six bolt swap and took out the 7 bolt. Iam going t check it out this morning:thumb:

ok but if its dohc isnt it a 4g63?:

Not neccesarily, the 2nd generations also have the 420a motor from the chrysler platform.
you should be able to tell if its a 4g63 or 420a from either the obvious valve cover differences or the fact that a 4g63 has the intake on the passengers side and a 420a is on the drivers side.

Actually, if its a 2g eclipse and its not turbo then its a 420a, because I don't think they sold any non turbo 4g63 eclipses in the U.S.

The car is sick..Rims, new tires and the best thing one owner. . ran strong no lifter noise the air was cold, everything works its great. I drove for a hour and the gas gauge didnt move. They want $3,500 its a 1994 and nice whats the word guys should I make it my DD??? Its non turbo/ 16 valve, DOHC with 114k on it.

Well i'm not new to the car scene, forums, turbos, or mitsubishi at all. But new to the DSM.
Ive owned 3 3000gt/Stealths within the past year and a half. two non turbos, one twin turbo. But its come to the point where they are incredibly tough to maintain and gas prices are killing me. So keeping my mitsu loyalty ive decided to go 4cyl with the dsm.
Obviously after my TT Stealth, i cant settle for anything less than AWD. Here is the car im looking at. Just curious if anything knows anything about the car and how its setup appears. Pros? Cons? Not that i dont trust the seller, ive never meet him. only exchaged a few emails, im just not sure of anything period. Appreciate any help.

Car Info
1997 Eclipse GSX
(cant remember exact mileage but a little over 100k)
Sellers name is Cesar i believe

6 bolt block NT block, no squirters
( valvoline 10w-30 full synthetic)
rebuilt head, 3 angle valve job, port & polish
forged pistons, and rods (manley, manley)
metal head gasket (mitsu)
New revised lifters
polished crank
head studs (arp)
Main studs (arp)
Line hone
fidanza flywheel
external oil cooler (earls, from Jegs)
pothane engine mounts
new alternator
upper intercooler pipe,( brushur?)
lower intercooler pipe (dejon tool)
1g blow off valve
new oil pan
ss exhasut manifold studs with copper lock nuts.
act 2100 w/ street disk
SS clutch line

14b turbo, ss oil feed line from oil filter housing

rebuild transmission.
new rings, new 1-2 sleeve& hub, new 5th speed gear

new front cv shafts.
new half shaft bearing,
new upper control arms, mevotech
New lower control arms
new wheels bearings (front)
New toe arms
dual piston calipers
new Tires, Kuhmo ecstas 710, new only 5000 miles
camber kit both front and rear.
kyb agx ajustable, lifetime warranty from advance auto parts.
new rear diff fluid and new t-case fluid (red line shock proof)

new hinges for the hat

picture
http://mail.google.com/mail/?realattid=f_f26dy2zb&attid=0.2&disp=inline&view=att&th=112c98a033848fd2

also heres a picture of my TT stealth i never got to finish building.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yeah... this is exactly why i didnt want to be moved here... Look at all the great helpful responses im getting. I cant see why the newbie forum under its own thread was not fit for this. Im asking for advice on a particular car, with a particular setup. not pricing

I would of kept the TT but what are you going to do, i wouldnt trust anyone with the name Cesar LOL j/k too bad you got moved. I hate this thread

P.S your picture link does not work

I still have the TT. Has yet to sell. Its just a pain in the ass. But i guess a main question is what are the pros and cons to the NT block? am i going to see any issues?

no you wont see any problems with that block, in fact I see a lot of people building them. Some people are against not having oil squirters, and some people think it's a great idea. I say the only advantage of not having them is higher oil pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
1990 Laser Rs FWD Turbo 97k --$1200.00 Good Deal/Bad Deal
Owned By an Older Gentelman Since New
Never Beat On
Oil Changed Every 3k Miles
Absolutely No Rust
The Car Is Blue
No Dents Or Scrathched Let Me Know ASAP im Buying Car SUNDAY if a Good Deal

no you wont see any problems with that block, in fact I see a lot of people building them. Some people are against not having oil squirters, and some people think it’s a great idea. I say the only advantage of not having them is higher oil pressure.

exactly what i was told. and exactly what i wanted to know. thanks for helping me in this forsaken thread.

1990 Laser Rs FWD Turbo 97k --$1200.00 Good Deal/Bad Deal
Owned By an Older Gentelman Since New
Never Beat On
Oil Changed Every 3k Miles
Absolutely No Rust
The Car Is Blue
No Dents Or Scrathched Let Me Know ASAP im Buying Car SUNDAY if a Good Deal

$1200 for any nice clean running car is a good deal. sounds like a safe deal to me

1998 eagle talon tsi automatic awd
72 k miles
turbo replaced 6 months ago
$3500

go for it or stay away?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back