The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

WHats the difference between the 8000k and 9000k tachs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadBoyz

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2002
Weymouth_MA
I wanna get some reverse indiglo gauges for my car but some of them that i like only come with the 8000k tach..and i have a 9000k tach...would it be ok if i pout a 8000k tach in place of my 9000k or would it be bad? LOL thanks

james

LOL i know 1000k RPMS but i got a NONTURBO eclipse and i have the 9000k tach....what i was WONDERING was if my tach and stuff would still be accurate if i put a 8000k tach in it...like what would be different if ne thing and if it would make a difference...thasnks

Even amidst all the jocularity, I will attempt to post some actual information: most of the indiglo gauges you will find are just overlays onto the stock gauges. Therefore, the needle will be inaccurate. Keep looking for a set of gauges that include the 9000 RPM tach-- they're out there. Try eBay.

Originally posted by doug
Even amidst all the jocularity, I will attempt to post some actual information: most of the indiglo gauges you will find are just overlays onto the stock gauges. Therefore, the needle will be inaccurate. Keep looking for a set of gauges that include the 9000 RPM tach-- they're out there. Try eBay.

Yes, and once you do, set aside a fair bit of quiet time for the installation. I got the reverses AND a spare cluster to mount them in. The faces were sold by autobacs1, and have both the 9000 tach and the speedo to 160 mph, in case I fall off a very tall cliff. I was also careful to not get any other backlighting than the markings, no light-up dial backgrounds. It's not a hideous job, you just have to be patient. A little tricky installing over both needles on the turbo/oil and gas/temp, but easier than those puzzles made out of steel rings and horseshoes. My two biggest challenges were being careful with the oil pressure gauge, as it comes about completely apart when you take it out, and the damned wire leads from the faces lead straight against lamp housings. It took some careful bending, and I guess I was careful enough because everything lights up and brightness adjusts just fine. I've yet to install them in the car, so the final result is to be seen, but so far so good.

someone told me that only the RS automatic have the 8K tach...

Originally posted by XTurboSpYderX
someone told me that only the RS automatic have the 8K tach...

Nope, my Talon DL has the 8K tach. Got my own reverse indiglos in yesterday, and they look sweet.

Originally posted by Atomis27

Nope, my Talon DL has the 8K tach. Got my own reverse indiglos in yesterday, and they look sweet.

Talon DL = Eclipse RS :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Atomis27

Don't make fun of me.

*LOL* it's all in good fun... it was just kinda funny... it would be like someone saying... I don't DRIVE a sunfire... I drive a cavalier...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back