The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What's the difference between a T350 style wheel and a T04 style turbine wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insanewayne

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2004
Ladysmith, B.C._Canada
Turns out I have a SCM-6169E and they don't list this turbo in the SCM category, only on the SC non mitsu housing list. The last one on the SCM list is the 6152E, and the 6169E is the next one up, but with a T3 housing.

So I have a 6169E with a Mitsu Turbine housing. I was just wondeirng if anyone else has this combo, and how it performed. The site says it supports 650 hp, but thats with a T3 housing so I'm sure mine is a lil less.

So being that the only difference between the 6152E and 6169E is that the Turbine wheel is a T04 style wheel in the 6169E, instead of the T350 in the 6152E, what are the differences in the wheels style? What I mean is, if you look here http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3026 PTE lists both the SC-6152E and the SC-6169E with the same size wheel inducer and exducer, but the latter is in T04 "style"? Is this a typo?

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S, and I know the PTE mistu housing is a lil bi*** housing, it won't be on there for long, I'll swap it off once I get the money for a Turbular T3 Manifold.

And...This T04 wheel, is a 69 trim...is this the infamous P wheel?...didn't think it could it in a mistu housing...

From searching all I could gather for you is that the T350 wheel is going to take 2-300 rpm longer to spool but will carry a lot higher into the RPM's than the T04 will.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back