The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

whats needed to break into 12s in 1/4 mile?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilwine

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2012
Fairmount, Indiana
Looking for a good way to get into the 12s without going big turbo. I want it to be very responsive. any turbo and setup that is recommended

I pulled off mid 12s in a fwd srt4 on radials. I am a pretty good driver so the driver mod isn't an issue. I was just curious what people would prefer for setup. I know many people have different outlooks.

Driving a FWD neon and an AWD eclipse are going to be different so you will still have to get used to launching the car. 12's is pretty easy these days for an AWD car.

You can go evoIII 16g, 1000cc injectors, e85, dsmlink, FMIC, walbro 255, fuel pressure regulator, some ARP headstuds, wideband and boost gauge. That should be an easy 12sec setup and if you take some weight out of the car and are the driver you claim to be, it could be a pretty easy 11sec car.

If you stick to pump gas which is boring, you can still go with the evo III 16g, 650s, and the rest is the same ^. You can make 300+ on a 16g on pump gas which should be more than enough for 12s.

I've actually looking into the 16g and 12g. Are you capable of 12s with a stock turbo?

^ What's a 12g, assuming that's a typo. I ran all my 12.4 passes on a small 16g maxing out airflow (35-37lb/min) and 850's, rest of mods in profile, so it can be done. I would personally find a good evo3 16g, but make sure its a real one. You should have no problem with 12's on that thing with the right supporting mods. 12's on a stock t25, that would take alot of other supporting mods to work well. Not saying it can't be done, but you would have an easier time with a 14b or 16g.

Like everybody else stated earlier, an MHI 16g will get you there with supporting mods and being able to drive the car. There are a lot of threads on what all works well with a 16g. I am going this route and I hope to hit 12's this coming summer. Driver mod will benefit me greatly.

I'll have to pass on the nawz. I actually ran 12lb in my 2001 camaro that ran high 10s.

My fist question would be: what time do you run with the stock car?
I would also say you might need a 14B or 16G to run 12s.
But with a 14B and without taking any weight out of the car it might be a hard challenge.

My first time to the track many moons ago i ran a 12.8 all i had was; 650's,maft(oldschool),stock smic,rewired evo 8 pump.evo 3 16g set at about 22psi? Not sure on the boost. And a good old pocket logger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back