The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What's needed for MLS headgasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinical

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2009
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Both need to be decked so the mating surfaces are perfectly flat.

I got away with using a razor on my block to get off the old gasket material. I only had the head machined and its holding 27 like a champ. I however did also use 2 coats of copper spray. No leaks after 8k miles.

I may go with the latter then.

I really don't feel like pulling my motor at the moment. Just want to get it back on the road.

The head will be decked, the block I'll measure and do the best I can.

I got both shaved and didn't use any copper spray, holding 25 psi strong. Will be testing the waters of 35 psi in spring, so we will see how she hold up.

I have the factory head gasket with 125k on it and factory head studs, any idea on how much boost out of my evo 3 16g these will hold? i plan on running 20-25psi. :beatentodeath:

I have the factory head gasket with 125k on it and factory head studs, any idea on how much boost out of my evo 3 16g these will hold? i plan on running 20-25psi. :beatentodeath:

I personally would want ARP Headstuds.. however there are people that have pushed them to 20+psi.

Otherwise, headgasket should be fine.
My car has been running 25psi on an FPGreen for 3 years and is only finally giving out on the stock oem headgasket.

It is recommended notice my wording. That you have the block and head machined to mirror surfaces. You need to let your machinist know you will be running a mls gasket. I installed my cometic 3000 miles ago after blowing my mitsu mls. So I can't give testimony to my longivety. The mitsu gasket had sep studs and mirror finish and still went.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back