The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Whats my factory color code.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
I wanna paint my car the factory color so it can be all original, but I'm not sure what's the factory color code. I have a 95 talon and I know it's a burgandy color. I'm not sure if the sticker tells me on the pic.

Attachments

• PART95140018368383795IMAG0165.jpg
    PART95140018368383795IMAG0165.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 67
  • PART95140018369252895IMAG0163.jpg
    PART95140018369252895IMAG0163.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 74
  • PART_1400183705386_IMAG0166.jpg
    PART_1400183705386_IMAG0166.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 60
its under the hood on the passenger side of the firewall. Most of them fade out but you might be able to see it.

Its most likely PMG / P75, Wildberry Pearl Metallic

its under the hood on the passenger side of the firewall. Most of them fade out but you might be able to see it.

So difficult to decrypt the code LOL. I'll try when it gets dark

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 66
...or you can call Chrysler or find someone with PIAS (Chrysler parts look-up program similar to CAPS/ASA) and give them your VIN #.

:dsm:

hopefully chrystler still knows abut the eagle talons LOL. so I just call chrystler and ask if they can find out what my factory color code is by giving them my vin?

they will be able to give you the code but the touch up paint is no longer available .

The VIN number does not include the paint color code.

See the following spec sheet.

1000 AAQ - DSM factory specifications

You will be able to find out what color it is by looking at the code numbers on the paintscratch.com link.

Codes change through the years, but retain the same color as the previous code. You have a pretty unique color. It will be quite easy to figure.

Feel lucky its not one of the 4 different reds :p

Orielly's can make touch up paint, my son just got some for his little nicks and they made it there. I don't know if you have to know someone there or not, but he did use to work there. He has a very small bottle at home, just got it a few weeks ago and it is almost the exact same color as the OP.

The VIN number does not include the paint color code.
The VIN # itself doesn't but the VIN # provided to the dealership can give you any info you need about your car, paint code included...

Download CAPS/ASA and put your VIN # in there if you don't believe me.

:dsm:

I already gave him the paint code, I looked it up through my PPG Paint System at work.

That is what PPG is showing for the car. Its the only color code / color descrption even close to the color of his door jambs.

Yeah I had a 95 that was the exact same color and that's what my title said. "Wild Berry".

who in their right mind would do that to a car... :-(

Just an FYI, its NOT easy to remove. Anytime we do a truck bedside, we have to use 40 grit grinders to remove the lining. Aircraft paint stripper may remove yours but it also looks like they painted all your belt moldings, window moldings, etc...

You can only get those quarter glasses with the moldings, they are not available seperate

who in their right mind would do that to a car... :-(

Just an FYI, its NOT easy to remove. Anytime we do a truck bedside, we have to use 40 grit grinders to remove the lining. Aircraft paint stripper may remove yours but it also looks like they painted all your belt moldings, window moldings, etc...

You can only get those quarter glasses with the moldings, they are not available seperate

I was pissed too that the previous owner this. Thank god this was all he did and I bought the car before he ruined everything else. It's not actual rhino line but something like linex. Besides the paint the whole car is all original and unmolested. 83,700 miles.

Good luck with removing that coding before painting the car. Aircraft Paint Stripper might work but its also "illegal" in some counties in California. This would be the easiest thing to do to remove the linex stuff.

If not you will need A LOT of sand paper, LOL

So big news for me. I finally saved up and was able to remove that rhino stuff from my car and paint it. They still need to add the second coat of clear. Can't wait till its finished.

Attachments

• IMAG2172.jpg
    IMAG2172.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG2173.jpg
    IMAG2173.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 56
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back