The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

What's everything I need to install a 14b, 16g etc... on my 2g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ervin_S

Probationary Member
Nov 2, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
I know this has been discussed a million times but I can't find a complete answer to my question. I don't really want to spend all my money on a 2g install kit so I was wondering which parts I'd really have to buy and which I can reuse from my 2g in order to install a 14b on my car. Thx in advance. :dsm:

You NEED the install kit to install a 14b, 16g ect.. on a 2g. There is no way around it. You can try to buy all the parts in the install kit seperate...but I don't think that would be cheap.

i tihnk its just the 1g oil feed line and 1g jpipe? correct me if im wrong... im going to be doing the same install in a few days so would be nice to clarify for myself :)

You'd think in a "million" threads a person could at least answer one question for themselves..... But then we wouldn't get the "14b on a 2G" thread every 2 days... :rolleyes:

All your answers regarding this topic can be answered by searching. If you already searched and you haven't found your answer, then you haven't yet looked through all "million" threads. Keep searching....

I'll help ---------> 2 days ago.

In terms of bare essentials, you need the following: J-pipe, oil feed line (better to get one that feeds off the oil filter), and gaskets. I HIGHLY recommend the RRE hacker-tweaker kit. Prevents you from having to contort the stock LICP to get it to fit, and comes with oil feed and gaskets.

diddy456 said:
You NEED the install kit to install a 14b, 16g ect.. on a 2g. There is no way around it. You can try to buy all the parts in the install kit seperate...but I don't think that would be cheap.
You don't need to buy one of the overpriced "install kits". You do, however, need the parts in the kit..... My point is that building your own kit will save you alot of money. Build your own feed line, use just about any j-pipe (even a stock 1G), you can use a 1G or a 2G oil return line, and the water lines from the 14b will work fine.

This is an incredibly easy swap. If you dont want to buy the overpriced kit, then piece together your own kit. If you don't know what the "kit" comes with, then you didn't search enough.....

Jesus christ there is a tech article with install procedures and needed parts, step-by-F'in-step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back